Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2013 Chevrolet Impala with the 3.6L I was looking at maybe getting the k&n typhoon air intake. If anyone on here has it on there impala would you recommend it.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one and there was an. Improvment in fuel efficiency by about 1-2mpg. supposedly slight increase in hp. It definitely wasnt worse. The intake ends in the same spot witha heat shield but the original probably produces the same temp of air tbh. I would recommend it because of the slight improved engine sound and fuel efficiency. But if none of that is important to you, it probably isn't worth it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have one and there was an. Improvment in fuel efficiency by about 1-2mpg. supposedly slight increase in hp. It definitely wasnt worse. The intake ends in the same spot witha heat shield but the original probably produces the same temp of air tbh. I would recommend it because of the slight improved engine sound and fuel efficiency. But if none of that is important to you, it probably isn't worth it.
Do you have a programmer on your car because then it will make a difference, because it’s one of the questions the program ask you

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just removed my system due to low speed backfire and getting o2 sensor code. The gain [if any] wasn't worth the hassles.

·
Registered
2008 Impala SS
3 Posts
I've had several of them on my car, always my favorite modification for one reason: the loud vacuum sound that it makes when you quickly pop the throttle open... It's a dumb reason, but then again, it's my car and I like it.

I did notice a slight improvement in gas mileage on the highway, but around town I end up gunning it more often and that negates any gains.

I do love that they are cleanable and they are actually exactly the same as the FAA approved aircraft filters so they also do a good job from a filtration point of view. Way more environmentally friendly than a throw away filter if that matters to you.

They make drop in filters for factory airboxes too so if the sound and power "gains" are not important and you just want a good reusable filter then that would be a better option for you.

All three of my vehicles with them made it 200,000+ miles without issues. One is at 279K and running perfect.

I clean them when dirty or once a year just for good measure.

Hope my experience with them helps you decide!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts