Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! Just picked up me an 07 SS with 108k, got it for a GREAT DEAL, paid just over 6k for it with a powertrain warranty!

Im an active member on other sites with my other vehicles and I hope this group is just as active/helpful as well!

There are a few things about this SS that I have questions on first, mostly minor repairs.

#1 , I already researched/purchased a blend door actuator because one of mine has that tick.

#2 , both of my heated seats dont work, lights wont come on, im assuming(hoping) its a fuse.

#3 , who sells the best performance brakes? These ones are squeaking.

#4 , I get a clicking noise when I turn far left or far right, Struts? Track bar?

Thanks guys! Ill look into performance mods after I get her driving straight and confidently.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
#3 , who sells the best performance brakes? These ones are squeaking.

#4 , I get a clicking noise when I turn far left or far right, Struts? Track bar?

Thanks guys! Ill look into performance mods after I get her driving straight and confidently.

Your best braking setup would be a police brake setup. Rockauto.com sells all the parts and member @jtrosky just did it on his 8th gen. Real nice setup.
Clicking noise while turning could be the cv axles. Check and see if the boots are split. Not a hard fix just getting the strut bolts out can be a pain sometimes.
On the SS the trans is known for having issues. Make sure the fluid is good; Dexron VI is great. I would recommend a shift kit, PCM tune to increase line pressure, and a trans pan with a drain bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best braking setup would be a police brake setup. Rockauto.com sells all the parts and member @jtrosky just did it on his 8th gen. Real nice setup.
Clicking noise while turning could be the cv axles. Check and see if the boots are split. Not a hard fix just getting the strut bolts out can be a pain sometimes.
On the SS the trans is known for having issues. Make sure the fluid is good; Dexron VI is great. I would recommend a shift kit, PCM tune to increase line pressure, and a trans pan with a drain bolt.

Got links to the shift kit and pcm? No idea who is best, ive done diesel tuning so I know how they go.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Got links to the shift kit and pcm? No idea who is best, ive done diesel tuning so I know how they go.

The shift kit I put together based off of Will Overkills writeup. I'll post his writeup at the end of this. Very easy to build and install. Drastically improved the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Firms them up and shifts really quick without banging shifts. Cost about $150.
The PCM I got was through ZZ Performance, but I have a 7th gen 2000-2005. Not sure if they do tunes for the 8th gen. I would recommend Overkill again for this. I've heard nothing but good things from his tunes. He is in CA, and doesn't respond very fast to emails and such, but he does a great job.
IMG_4652.JPG

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Welcome!

Now. About those PICS.....

·
Registered
256 Posts

The best brake setup that I have came across is first gen CTS-V calipers. That's a major upgrade. But it requires aftermarket rims for clearance. Also it isn't exactly cheap lol. They look badass though, I'm actually considering doing the swap. I have a caliper that seems to occasionally stick a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Oh, welcome by the way lol. I have a 09 SS... if my username didn't give it away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice Impala SS bro. Welcome to the forums. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts