Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also agree that embles are sometimes to large. It's funny that the 94-96 Impala had the extra large body color emblem/stick on the rear fenders. Mine was the Dark Cherry and I never really noticed it but it was the only badge except for the emblem on trunk. Yet that car was and still is easy to spot today. I look at each car and deside what I think looks best for me. I had a new 1983 T Bird (the modern slicker looking bird) that I removed all emblems and added Shelby wheels nowing that most people had no clue what kind of car it was. A trip to California was spent with other drivers following, passing and then fall back looking trying to figure what it was. I removed all emblems of my 1966 Corvair Monza except the small Monza emblem on lower frount fenders. Car cruzes bring many young people asking what it is and who made it. Much older folks thing they know but remember the early box looking Corvairs. I guess I have never owned any automobile that I haven't changed the grill, wheels, exust outlets or something to make my car special just for me. No 22's or radical stripes, just mine for me. Thanks for reading

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
I must say - the new Impalas are starting to grow on me more and more... I love the exterior styling, just not so sure that I like the interior styling...

What do you think of the interior? I'm not referring to the type of materials used - I'm referring to the "openness" of the interior. Do you find that it's "cramped" at all? Thats one thing that I really like about the 8th gens - the front seating area is very "open". Some of the 2014 interior pictures that I've seen make it look like it would feel cramped, with the way the center console/dash is designed.

Just curious as to what you think of it...

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also just picked up an LTZ, 2LZ. Ashen Gray, 20" wheels, all options except adaptive cruise. Took it on a short trip and it was a pleasure to drive. All except when the Mylink Nav crashed on us (just when we needed it too!).

So far, absolutely love the car.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Also just picked up an LTZ, 2LZ. Ashen Gray, 20" wheels, all options except adaptive cruise. Took it on a short trip and it was a pleasure to drive. All except when the Mylink Nav crashed on us (just when we needed it too!).

So far, absolutely love the car.
Hey ImpalaLou,

I'm happy to hear you are loving your Impala! Sorry to hear your Navigation was acting up on your trip. Were you able to get this resolved? Our Infotainment department can be reached at: 855-478-7767. I would also be happy to reach out to your dealership on your behalf. If you would like me to do this please PM me your full name and contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Jonathan. We did have the Impala at the dealer about a week later (to have the spoiler put on) and while it was there we requested they check the MyLink system out. They did but didn't find anything (no codes stored). Said if recurred to bring it back.

Anyway it hasn't recurred, so I'm good with it. If it does I will let you know. Thanks very much for asking!

Great car by the way...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Jonathan. We did have the Impala at the dealer about a week later (to have the spoiler put on) and while it was there we requested they check the MyLink system out. They did but didn't find anything (no codes stored). Said if recurred to bring it back.

Anyway it hasn't recurred, so I'm good with it. If it does I will let you know. Thanks very much for asking!

Great car by the way...
Can you post a really good picture of the spoiler?

I've found some on the internet, but they are too small... I'm sure it looks great..

I'm thinking about it..but just need to see a better picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you post a really good picture of the spoiler?

I've found some on the internet, but they are too small... I'm sure it looks great..

I'm thinking about it..but just need to see a better picture.
Well, here are some pictures, but the spoiler is somewhat subtle; not exactly a whale-tail. These also aren't the best pictures as the weather has been pretty crummy since we brought her home. Maybe if you blow them up you can see it better.

We think it adds a touch of classy sportiness to an already great looking automobile. Hope these help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you both very much.

Yes, it's bolted on, but I'm not certain about the gasket material. It's very flush fitting, there's no gap between spoiler and body to tell.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Just picked up a similar lt2 blue like that...

gimme some more info on the spoiler...they paint it? is it a gm part?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just picked up a similar lt2 blue like that...

gimme some more info on the spoiler...they paint it? is it a gm part?
On almost any standard gm dealer website, it's listed in accessories (for the impala you are looking at).

Should already come painted.

·
Registered
567 Posts
found em...yikes on the price....

prob get some of the OEM mudflaps.

how about the chrome strip on the door---prob came with car---can u get those anywhere? I would think a body shop, but anywhere direct/cheaper than middleman bodyshop??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, here are some pictures, but the spoiler is somewhat subtle; not exactly a whale-tail. These also aren't the best pictures as the weather has been pretty crummy since we brought her home. Maybe if you blow them up you can see it better.

We think it adds a touch of classy sportiness to an already great looking automobile. Hope these help.

Are those the 20" wheels on your car?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts