Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a Eibach Pro Kit 38108.140 for my '08 SS from Tire Rack for $220.00 + $16.00 shipping. I'm wondering if I should add a set of KYB struts as well. The car has about 30k on it, so I assume the struts are still good. Does anyone know if the stock SS struts are any better than base Impala struts, or as good as the KYB's? Looking to calm the floating and hunting this beast does when I step into it to pass someone.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
AGX>SS>Base impala struts

if you replace the struts theres a strut mount that needs to be replaced as well.since its lowered i recommend the AGXs since they're adjustable

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just ordered a Eibach Pro Kit 38108.140 for my '08 SS from Tire Rack for $220.00 + $16.00 shipping. I'm wondering if I should add a set of KYB struts as well. The car has about 30k on it, so I assume the struts are still good. Does anyone know if the stock SS struts are any better than base Impala struts, or as good as the KYB's? Looking to calm the floating and hunting this beast does when I step into it to pass someone.
Have you installed the springs yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't installed the springs yet...

I'm waiting to see if the Bilstein struts I want get released in March as promised.
And I need to figure out if they will fit a 2008 Model.

Here's the info I have on them:

Part #: F4-VE3-F315-H0
Setting: Heavy Duty (HD)
Position: Front

Part #: F4-VE3-F316-H0
Setting: Heavy Duty (HD)
Position: Rear

The Bilstein book lists them as fitting up to 2006 models. Does anyone know
if there is any reason these wouldn't fit a 2008 model?

I have a picture of them in my garage if anyone wants to take a look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the Eibach's installed and the joke of an alighnment kit but the car still sea saws a bit to much for me, the stiffness is much better and the car handles turns and sharp movments much better with less lag. What are the Bilstein specs? Web site link? Also what are the KYB specs and part numbers if anyone has them! :) Post em up! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts