Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys its been a while since I've posted on here. So an update on my car, I got pulled over today and got a repair order for my tints, just my luck. Well anyway here is a picture I took this morning while I was bored lol. Got my "police" Impala "pulling over" my friend's 96 :p

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
So was the tint ticket for real? lol

Nice pic. I like it with the spot light, prolly be better early evening, but cool nonetheless!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup it's real. My car is at the tint shop right now having it removed. I'm hoping to get away with the windshield (still gonna be 45%) when I go to have the slip signed by a state trooper. If it does I'm gonna put 35% back on the car and if it doesn't I'm gonna do 35% on the windshield as well.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I was wondering about the windshield....I'm amazed you can get away with that....what's it like at night??

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so I took my car with the windshield still tinted with 45% suntek carbon film and the officer didnt even leave the building. he looked out the window and saw the windows on my car had no tint and signed the slip. so i dont have to remove the tint from my winshield. tomorrow i am getting the same 45% film on the rest of the car to match. should look good with the windshield still tinted and the gray interior.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Neither would I, you gotta wait 2 damn weeks till you can roll your windows down. It's damn summer!!!! lol

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^When I got mine done like 2 years ago it was summer and I had the 2 week rule. IDK though. I have SunGard and love it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Wow, I didn't know there was such a rule! I'd better make sure my AC is working before I ever get mine tinted.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Yeah, it's so you don't F up the film while it's setting. You'll roll a window or two down in the 2 weeks. I got 1/2 way then realized it a few times.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, it's so you don't F up the film while it's setting. You'll roll a window or two down in the 2 weeks. I got 1/2 way then realized it a few times.
they told me to wait 3-5 days. here is a pic of the tint. 45% all the way around. it looks better than i thought it would.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good. Weird yours is less.....Maybe the guys didn't know.
nah its like the most popular tinting place here in glen burnie maryland. they do the most professional job ive seen. the first time i got it tinted i waited 5 days and they were perfectly fine. they say winter takes longer for it to dry but the heat and sunlight makes it dry faster. he actually said 3 days and it should be good cause its nice weather this week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts