Impala Forums banner

Just got my first impala

4K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Hello, I just got my first 07 impala and I'm having a few issues with it, now I do n is the history of this car, my grandpa bought it in mid 08 and after he passed away my grandma took it and was keeping up on the payments, but since she doesn't drive and I just got my first job I'm taking over the payments and semi retiring my camaro. Anyways my issues seem common around here. My biggest concern right now is my rear defroster doesn't work, it just quit randomly one day, the light kicks on and goes off after an amount of time, the undergone fuse checks out, and after I swapped the power windows and power seats relay tonight and I can here the relay click when the button is pushed so ill have to see if that helps tomorrow morning when I leave for school. Second is the no heat at idle issue, I think I just need to burp the system together air pocket out correct? Besides those two I need to have a shop reset my tire air pressure sensors, I can't get them to reset since I rotated the tires last, and my check engine light is on because of an evap leak :/ I'm going to smoke the system to try and find my leak, it's a small leak cause it takes about a week for the code to reset and trigger the check engine light. Any input on my issues?

#3 ·
welcome got any pics of the car

#6 ·
Iv checked the codes before, one was a small cap like gas cap, and one was telling me to check the purge valve or some type of valve but they were both saying small leaks. And I don't have any pictures of the car yet, I just took it over yesterday so I will, I'm wanting to clean it up more and get the windows tinted with 20% soon.

#8 ·
86 camaro, dumb me decided to rip out the fuel injected v6 for a rebuilt carbed 350 vortec in the middle of winter, it doesn't play nice in snow at all so the impala is a great improvement. Plus heated seats are amazing when it's cold lol. I really like all the welcomes and am looking forward to spending alittle time with you guys and posting here. I'm already looking into mods for the impala.

#10 ·
yeah I meant more appearance mods than anything. Plan to tint the windows, get a pair of headlights like yours, go to an ss spoiler or the new power looking spoiler, maybe change the grilles and some lower long springs.

Don't get me wrong the camaro with that new motor is a blast to drive, but it hates cold and I'm always sliding on snow and ice and let's be honest, the impala gets better gas mileage lol, and has ac. It's not a dog either for being a v6, the 3900 will move its own weight around easily. I might do a cold air intake at some point.

#11 ·
Burp the cooling system, follow the rear defrost fix write-up, remove and clean the EVAP canister vent solenoid located by the fuel filler. If the EVAP code still comes back, replace the underhood purge valve. Tire sensors, if they refuse to reset, the batteries are probably dead in one or more of the sensors.

#13 ·
the evap code hasn't come back up yet, waiting for it too, the sensors are fine, they were working when I took the car into my shop class, changed the oil and rotated the tires and reset the tire pressure sensors via the buttons by the steering wheel, and tried following my manual and I could get the driver side front, passenger front, and passenger rear to beep but didn't have enough time to get ahold of the drivers rear before it timed out. What recalls are out on the impalas?

#12 ·
Evilemokid84, congratulations on your Impala and welcome to the forum! As a Customer Service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of DIY assistance; however, I'm happy to see forum members already chiming in with their feedback. If you would like any assistance working with your dealership or checking for recalls, don't hesitate to send me a private message for further information.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

#15 ·
The tire sensors are battery operated, they don't last forever. I am not aware of any TPMS recalls, but I'd be willing to bet you just need to replace the sensors.

#22 ·
Yeah it's never to late to learn guys, Iv been working on cars for almost 5 years now and I love it, being 18 and going into this field really helps, granted I'm use to the older fuel injection stuff and carb now because of the camaro but I got a basic understanding on everything.

#23 ·
If i could have been able to afford two cars i might have learn, but single income, house mortgage and other bills take their toll... it seems i need a second job or part time job maybe than if i have spare time can start poking around the vehicle.

#24 ·
Learning? I came out of the womb endowed with all the worlds automotive knowledge, I don't know what you guys problem is...

#25 ·
That makes so much sense, your dad must have trained you while you were in the womb.

#31 ·
that's a huge picture mate... and seems like its burgundy in color, not the bright red ?

#32 ·
yeah sorry I uploaded. It straight from my phone and it turned sideways and enlarged alot for some reason. Yeah it's burgandy, if your talking about the mirror that's bright red in the picture it's because I was sitting in my camaro when I took it lol. I have pictures of both in my albums, they should be smaller in size than the one on the forum. Also has all the specs on it aswell

#33 ·
got bored today and washed and waxed the car, used armorall wash and wax soap,and eagle one gel wax. heres some pictures. the last picture is with my camaro. it needs a new paintjob since i wrecked it last october but its still fun to drive. the impala really cleaned up too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.