Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just got my first 07 impala and I'm having a few issues with it, now I do n is the history of this car, my grandpa bought it in mid 08 and after he passed away my grandma took it and was keeping up on the payments, but since she doesn't drive and I just got my first job I'm taking over the payments and semi retiring my camaro. Anyways my issues seem common around here. My biggest concern right now is my rear defroster doesn't work, it just quit randomly one day, the light kicks on and goes off after an amount of time, the undergone fuse checks out, and after I swapped the power windows and power seats relay tonight and I can here the relay click when the button is pushed so ill have to see if that helps tomorrow morning when I leave for school. Second is the no heat at idle issue, I think I just need to burp the system together air pocket out correct? Besides those two I need to have a shop reset my tire air pressure sensors, I can't get them to reset since I rotated the tires last, and my check engine light is on because of an evap leak :/ I'm going to smoke the system to try and find my leak, it's a small leak cause it takes about a week for the code to reset and trigger the check engine light. Any input on my issues?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome got any pics of the car

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Evap codes will come back after 3 cold to warm runs of the engine. You also have to be between 1/4 and 3/4 on your fuel gauge.

That said, can you check the code? Is it P0455? That's normal for a gascap with a bad seal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Evap codes will come back after 3 cold to warm runs of the engine. You also have to be between 1/4 and 3/4 on your fuel gauge.

That said, can you check the code? Is it P0455? That's normal for a gascap with a bad seal.
Iv checked the codes before, one was a small cap like gas cap, and one was telling me to check the purge valve or some type of valve but they were both saying small leaks. And I don't have any pictures of the car yet, I just took it over yesterday so I will, I'm wanting to clean it up more and get the windows tinted with 20% soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome to the forum

what camaro you got?
86 camaro, dumb me decided to rip out the fuel injected v6 for a rebuilt carbed 350 vortec in the middle of winter, it doesn't play nice in snow at all so the impala is a great improvement. Plus heated seats are amazing when it's cold lol. I really like all the welcomes and am looking forward to spending alittle time with you guys and posting here. I'm already looking into mods for the impala.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
sad thing is only mods for the impala is

intake
catback
and tune

i dont blame you on the carbed 350. if the impala was rear wheel drive that would be the first move i would have done

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sad thing is only mods for the impala is

intake
catback
and tune

i dont blame you on the carbed 350. if the impala was rear wheel drive that would be the first move i would have done
yeah I meant more appearance mods than anything. Plan to tint the windows, get a pair of headlights like yours, go to an ss spoiler or the new power looking spoiler, maybe change the grilles and some lower long springs.

Don't get me wrong the camaro with that new motor is a blast to drive, but it hates cold and I'm always sliding on snow and ice and let's be honest, the impala gets better gas mileage lol, and has ac. It's not a dog either for being a v6, the 3900 will move its own weight around easily. I might do a cold air intake at some point.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Burp the cooling system, follow the rear defrost fix write-up, remove and clean the EVAP canister vent solenoid located by the fuel filler. If the EVAP code still comes back, replace the underhood purge valve. Tire sensors, if they refuse to reset, the batteries are probably dead in one or more of the sensors.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Evilemokid84, congratulations on your Impala and welcome to the forum! As a Customer Service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of DIY assistance; however, I'm happy to see forum members already chiming in with their feedback. If you would like any assistance working with your dealership or checking for recalls, don't hesitate to send me a private message for further information.

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Burp the cooling system, follow the rear defrost fix write-up, remove and clean the EVAP canister vent solenoid located by the fuel filler. If the EVAP code still comes back, replace the underhood purge valve. Tire sensors, if they refuse to reset, the batteries are probably dead in one or more of the sensors.
the evap code hasn't come back up yet, waiting for it too, the sensors are fine, they were working when I took the car into my shop class, changed the oil and rotated the tires and reset the tire pressure sensors via the buttons by the steering wheel, and tried following my manual and I could get the driver side front, passenger front, and passenger rear to beep but didn't have enough time to get ahold of the drivers rear before it timed out. What recalls are out on the impalas?

·
Banned
748 Posts
the evap code hasn't come back up yet, waiting for it too, the sensors are fine, they were working when I took the car into my shop class, changed the oil and rotated the tires and reset the tire pressure sensors via the buttons by the steering wheel, and tried following my manual and I could get the driver side front, passenger front, and passenger rear to beep but didn't have enough time to get ahold of the drivers rear before it timed out. What recalls are out on the impalas?
Congrats on your imp. A shop class ? You learning how to work on your car or teaching ? I like to take some shop class myself. :eek:k3:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The tire sensors are battery operated, they don't last forever. I am not aware of any TPMS recalls, but I'd be willing to bet you just need to replace the sensors.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your imp. A shop class ? You learning how to work on your car or teaching ? I like to take some shop class myself. :eek:k3:
yes, I'm a student in an auto service class next to my high school. Very desent class. I know almost all of it as Iv almost totally restored my camaro before and while attending the class. But none the less I enjoy it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
yes, I'm a student in an auto service class next to my high school. Very desent class. I know almost all of it as Iv almost totally restored my camaro before and while attending the class. But none the less I enjoy it.
Cool i need to figure out my car.. darn i feel so illiterate on these forums.. almost borderline quitting these forum stage.. i wish i had a car early in my youth my first car was at age of 26 :gaah:. Now too old to learn about cars :bang:

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Cool i need to figure out my car.. darn i feel so illiterate on these forums.. almost borderline quitting these forum stage.. i wish i had a car early in my youth my first car was at age of 26 :gaah:. Now too old to learn about cars :bang:
lol i feel the same man, but its never too late to learn, but these guys are alot of help! :beer:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
if you quit how are you ever gonna learn? If you ever dont understand something man just ask or google it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
if you quit how are you ever gonna learn? If you ever dont understand something man just ask or google it.
I ask here on forums but they are like probably the most idiotic questions you guys seen so are probably :lol: ur heads off before posting a reply .. google always sends me back to these forums.

I should try to find a download for the haynes manual for my 07 imp. if anyone got one send it my way :hope:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts