Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm either putting a new head unit in, so I can work on the sound system, or I am getting a tune . I found a shop here in seffner/Brandon, the dude seems to have worked on many let's and ls's . he quoted $450 and that would include complete diagnosis of engine specs, gear ratio, and tune including air/fuel ratio, timing, and many other variables I can't remember .

How much should I pay for a good tune ???? Is there a better shop than this one I don't even know the name its such a small shop . or is there an even better investment that I am overlooking like some headers if someone will install, I will buy, or a lighter hood....

Please speak your thoughts thanks :0)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya sorry I got a 1994 with the lt1 .. For some reason i can not update my profile picture or signature ... Does anyone live around Tampa and willing to hello install headers ? How much should a shop charge, I'm just scared of hot rusty bolts that have never been removed, otherwise I would WANT to do the work .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any opinions on options and prices ???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good to hear, thanks, I've done research I just don't know which way I'll go,m rune my pcm or buy one pretuned . but first IMA get a hheadunit installed so I can have better music . I need that 20 year old CD player out ta there lol .

tomorrow I'm gonna coat the hockey puck, maybe the intake , etc with some chevy orange paint I'm excited . I really want to color the bowties in my wheel center . but idk if IMA risk it tomorrow .

Anyone have a compilation of custom unique bubble Chevy ideas ??? I want to pick and choose what I like but not overdue it .

also why is out center bulb in the brake lights a little clear one with no connectors ? Just two wires to cut I'd it needs replacing ? Or has my breaks might been n****r rigged :smile:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would go with Bryan Herter (PCMs for less) I think his name is, hes done very good work with tuning the bbodys. I know a few people who have gone with him and have no complaints. I was actually going to use him for my last car (95 9c1 LT1) but it was wrecked before I could do anything.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
Agree with Super Dave. Although I have not used them myself yet, I have heard nothing but good stuff about PC For Less. Maybe DwayneJ will add his opinion, but I think he recommends them as well.

PCMforless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts