Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys ive been M.I.A for a minute but im back,today Me & My wife just picked up an Impala LT red with sunroof just one question though do any of you guys, know the size of the exhaust tips on these cars? because for some reason or another chevy forgot to add them on the car when they were made LoL! I know every 8th gen Impala owner knows what I mean i need to know because I want to buy some stainless steel tips & have a muffler shop weld them on the car looks naked without them any help would be helpful thanks in advance

Here's the car

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
That cars gorgeous. I agree though, the tailpipes are the weak link..

·
Registered
29 Posts
2 1/4" Below are stock muffler specs.

Body Length : 14"
Finish : Aluminized
Inlet Configuration : Offset
Muffler Body Height (in) : 9
Muffler Body Width (in) : 7
Muffler Inlet Connection Type : Conexión de tubo
Muffler Inlet Count : 1
Muffler Inlet Diameter 1 (in) : 1 7/8
Muffler Inlet Diameter Designation : Diámetro interno
Muffler Material : Stainless Steel
Muffler Outlet Connection Type : Punta - boca soldada
Muffler Outlet Count : 1
Muffler Outlet Diameter (in) : 2 1/4
Muffler Outlet Diameter Designation : Diámetro externo
Muffler Shape : Oval
Outlet Configuration : Offset
Overall Length : 32 3/8"
Reversible : No
Type : Combination

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
2 1/4" Below are stock muffler specs.

Body Length : 14"
Finish : Aluminized
Inlet Configuration : Offset
Muffler Body Height (in) : 9
Muffler Body Width (in) : 7
Muffler Inlet Connection Type : Conexión de tubo
Muffler Inlet Count : 1
Muffler Inlet Diameter 1 (in) : 1 7/8
Muffler Inlet Diameter Designation : Diámetro interno
Muffler Material : Stainless Steel
Muffler Outlet Connection Type : Punta - boca soldada
Muffler Outlet Count : 1
Muffler Outlet Diameter (in) : 2 1/4
Muffler Outlet Diameter Designation : Diámetro externo
Muffler Shape : Oval
Outlet Configuration : Offset
Overall Length : 32 3/8"
Reversible : No
Type : Combination
:dizzy: what was the question? I'm lost

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gave him the muffler specs. Needs a tip with a 2 1/4" inlet and up to 4" outlet. I have 4" outlets on my magnaflow.

By the way love the color. My first one was red like that with tan leather. It was an 08 with the 3.9 and it had a lot of issues so I got rid of it.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
looks good :eek:k3:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Your Impala looks beautiful! All you need is some nice chrome tips. Check at Canadian Tire. I've seen some nice exhaust tips there. A chrome mesh bolton grille would looks really sweet with your fire red car. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

i want to change this impala bumper cover to the 06-07 monte carlo bumper lt/ltz or ss those look more sportier

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Debadge, smoke the taillights, Plastidip the wheels and window trim, 20% tint, cat back, FWI and an OVERKILL ECM/TCM :beer:

I would say all could be done for the price of the front end conversion. It will look, sound, drive and feel sportier...

Looks good though

·
Registered
3 Posts
Impala

Hi, I just bought a 2013 LTZ Impala. I've been trying to find aftermarket performance parts for this car. Does anyone know where to find parts for this car? I can't find a cat back system or cold air intake. Not even a hi flow muffler or cat. Please help.

·
Registered
71 Posts
nice looking whip! Made me wish I would have painted the chrome lid on the trunk. I put some magnaflows with chrome tips. Looks and sounds good. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2013 LTZ Impala. I've been trying to find aftermarket performance parts for this car. Does anyone know where to find parts for this car? I can't find a cat back system or cold air intake. Not even a hi flow muffler or cat. Please help.
Online is your best bet

·
Registered
328 Posts
That Impala is CLEAN! Welcome to the forum, interested to see your progress with it. :beer:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I Saw Some!

Whats up guys ive been M.I.A for a minute but im back,today Me & My wife just picked up an Impala LT red with sunroof just one question though do any of you guys, know the size of the exhaust tips on these cars? because for some reason or another chevy forgot to add them on the car when they were made LoL! I know every 8th gen Impala owner knows what I mean i need to know because I want to buy some stainless steel tips & have a muffler shop weld them on the car looks naked without them any help would be helpful thanks in advance

Here's the car

I saw some on an Impala last week. I've been looking for some also and I even had my machinist's caliper with me to measure the diameter. The inside diameter is 2.250 and the large outer slanted rolled tip end was 3.00. They were clamped on with one clamp and were very secure. Then I left real quick, lol!

·
Registered
185 Posts
You can get some decent stainless exhaust tips that will fit your Impala at Walmart for about $10 each.Check out jtrosky's profile for some pics of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts