Impala Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Whats cool, is its the same exact thing I have in my avatar pic, same color, just newer, and I was sad to let that one go,

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So what year is that one IceMachine and why would you take out the stereo? That's gonna be a pretty hard feat I believe.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Impaler, this is also a 2014. Not sure about taking the stereo out that you mention, I would think your refering to looking for Audio jacks?

Im putting in my 12 inch woofers, and amps, splicing into rear speakers.. thats a maybe tho, im not sure yet. I might not do anything as far as stereo.

I do love my bass once in a while, *shruggs, well see.

Beautiful car tho, and alll i know, is I FINALLY GOT MY HALOS, lol..

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I was referring to where you said you need the stereo installed. I guess you meant speakers and amps, not the actual head unit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, not taking out the headunit. Just didnt know if there were audio RCA jacks on the headunit itsself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats again! The LTZ is much better to have. You would have eventually wanted those little extras. Not to second guess you, but here comes the second guess. How could you consider tampering with that beautiful rear exhaust fascia? It's the best thing the LTZ has over lower trim levels.

OOPS. Just re-read it and saw that you said you hate the exhaust lol

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks David,

Yeah, Love it. Just got home from picking it up, and drove it home a good 130 miles. Nice ride. The steering is touchy, took 20 miles to get used to it. Yeah, there is sooooo much more then the LT, so glad i looked around for another day. 7 People called about the Impala I just got, guess there was a lot of interest. Has HIDs, man, them suckers are bright. Had my wife drive it, and I was infront of her, and it was super annoying how bright the lights were. Not sure I got the seat set to my liking yet. Messed with it the entire trip. Got the onstar stuff, 5 months free, XM radio for 6 months free, I think it was, Sweet across the board,....

As far as the exhaust, Yeah, dont like it at all. Taking some measurements tomorrow to figure out which set of tips im going to go with. Taking that entire trim piece off, and inspect how its going to look without it, but from what I can tell, its going to look nice.

getting windows tinited Saturday, and alarm and woofers installed Sunday.

Ill get some before and after pics, and the alarm install process most likely.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Oh, and No, not the tips above in this thread. found 2 sets, not revealing till they are done tho,

·
Registered
606 Posts
livedavid, I love what you did to the rear exhaust. lease tell me what you purchased and how you accomplished the entire project. It looks so professional

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Keeping the exhaust, make the car look like a fastback kindaish, lol.. Here is the problem, the tips look like shit. So, Its either 180 for new ones, junk yards dont seem to have them so far, ( called 5 ) so now, its either paint to match car color, or somekind of re-chrome.

Also just getting ready to order my slotted brakes and new shoes that i put on everysingle car i get. love them, they are great.

Todays mission, figure out what im going to do about these tips.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
hey, maybe they just need cleaned, lol, but i couldnt even scratch it off with fingernail,

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Also just getting ready to order my slotted brakes and new shoes that i put on everysingle car i get. love them, they are great.

Just for reference, what brakes do you use?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
That exhaust looks pretty good on that car livedavid but I still think the LTZ setup looks better. I wouldn't mind putting some tips on mine but not sure how to do it with the stock bumper. Having them come out below would probably be way too low.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
funny story, they came 95% clean with just a toothbrush, bbq grill cleaner, and baking soda/vinegar. Next time i wash it, will hit it with a brilo or steel wool, but for now, it looks much much better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just for reference, what brakes do you use?
Hey man, I use the max brand from Ebay. $170 for front and back, rotors and pads included.

I always have good luck with them.

Funny story about all this too for ya. On the way back from getting this 2014, the 2011 brakes started the screeching noise.

AND, I ordered them exactly a year ago today. So, I put 20,000 miles on these things about.

Is that good or bad? Idk.

These suckers stopped on a dime.

Open to anyone with better ideas for brakes that you would consider maybe better for this 2014. I want to order them tomorrow, so throw input at me soon if you got any. Thanks..

I just love the slotted rotors look, and painting the calipers red. But also thought about body color for them, idk yet.
Tint is next saturday, i thought tomorrow, days went fast, alot going on. as far as alarm, the only thing the factory is missing, is the microwave sensor. It has the pit stop feature, moreless. It locks itsself as i walk away from the car, that was the other feature i loved with excalibur, was the 30 second autolock delay after last door closed. Having to haul a kid in and out of the day 4 times a day, its awesome feature to have,. I might not put it in, not sure yet on that one. Heck, i might not even put the woofers in to be honest.

Tint the windows, call it a day. and of course the brakes and rotors..

So, happy the tips came clean, and looked at them for longer then 1 minute, lol.. They do look good i guess, lol..

ok people, have a good night..

·
Registered
37 Posts
livedavid, I love what you did to the rear exhaust. lease tell me what you purchased and how you accomplished the entire project. It looks so professional
Hey, the black LTZ in my earlier post is mine. The red car belongs to a guy in a facebook group I'm in. Hit him up through youtube, he's pretty forthcoming with info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That exhaust looks pretty good on that car livedavid but I still think the LTZ setup looks better. I wouldn't mind putting some tips on mine but not sure how to do it with the stock bumper. Having them come out below would probably be way too low.
Oh, I'm with you. The black LTZ is mine. I love the look as is.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Took this last night, pretty cool, bright as heck.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I never understood why people like taking pics of their headlights looking straight on at them. A picture showing how far they put out light down the road would be more impressive to be honest.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts