Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats good People, back again, this time, I got a 2014 LT, Black on Black,

First, Im installing my Excalibur 1950, remote start/alarm. Love this thing. Taking out of my 2011 Impala, get rid of it, ( Car) Looks like a very simple install, much easeir then the 2011, where i had to take entire steering column apart, ugg, what a nightmare.

Then, LED headlight upgrade, looking at the Starnill LED for those,

Heated seats, did anyone do this yet? Difficultly level? Looking for factory switch, cant find one. Will probably put switches on side of seat, Still up in the air on this one as far as placement for switch.

Want to also add the DRLs. Did see the thread already for those,

and Now, the stereo install, ( 2 12 inch comp subs, ) and 1600 watts.

I have to imagine im going to have to RCA output jack the near speakers? Or is there outputs for these on the headunit??

Soooooo happy to have the 60/40 back, missed it in my 2011, made stereo adjustments a pain in the a$$.

Also want to add different exhaust tips. This model doesnt have the back bumper with exhaust ports, but think it would look nice with different hand longer turndowns, chime in if you have any recommendations for this project.

Might look into moonroof add on, but probably not, imagine thats $1000+, may as swell just get a LTZ, at this point, lol..

Couldnt pass up the deal on this Impala, and love the color/finish..

OK, if you guys have any input or ideas or whatever, let me know.

PS: Also just found my old 2004 impala that had the Cream paint and tan Clothtop with Vogues, lol.. My son wants it, its for sale for $4,500 so might surprise him with that one. He loved it when i had it, he was 9 yrs old, lol.. He is 20 now. So thats pretty freakin cool if you ask me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS Revo,

Yeah, I did look at other alarms, but I really like Excalibur, and I know how to use it already. Plus, I have the hardware to reprogram the Blade for the 2014. The stop/and shop feature is awesome. ( Can pull keys out while car running), and also love it locks itself after 30 seconds of last door closed. The 2014 has remote start already, so its only like 14 wires, plus the heated seat accessory setup to warm when remote start is used. I wasnt even going to take this alarm out, because its going to be a pain, but I cant throw $280 out the window for lack of effort for 30 minutes,..

As far as the heated seats, checked out The HSK-150, looks good to me, lol.. Not a bad price either. Wondering if anyone took a seat apart yet. Looks like its going to be a pain, but the wife wanted them, and would even pay to have them done..

Ill definitely take pics of the alarm install, and the heated seat install. Did a nice tutorial of the install for the 2011, with pics anyways, and the wiring for the ignition, which was a pain in the ass by the way, lol..

Ok man, thanks for lookin and your input ,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Impaler, Yea man, its the L4.. Need something a bit better on gas, so hopefully this helps a bit. I plan on getting a Chevy SS in July, so I dont care about HP and such with this car. Wife hated when i put the flowmasters on the 2005, so she loves this one being so quite. This 2014 has pretty good jump when you hit the gas, good enough for me to atleast pass people..

The 2011 eats gas like crazy, putting $20 in every other day. I know, what about the Chevy SS eating gas, lol, well, thats different,lol.. Atleast there is a reason. lol..

Thanks for lookin bro

Reactions: retiredpauly

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful Impala Yourself Impaler,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No doubt, This is the 5th Impala in a row Ive gotten, being a family car, safety is very important, so I like that aspect of the Impala model. My ultimate dream car is an 1964 Impala. I almost got a 1963 Impala 20 years ago, but a snow storm hit, and buddy destroyed his trailer the day before i was to go pick it up in Virginia. Im in NWPA. Things happen for a reason I guess.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now I have a bunch of stuff from the other cars, like brandnew not used carpet for 2005 impala, got the spec-d LED headlights for the 2011, JUST sold the tail lights from the quad build attempt for the 05, just never got going on it, just threw away 4 factory radios from all the Impalas.

Got some other things, just cant think off my mind right now,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Revo, Thanks for the Input.

04imp38, the carpet is gray. Not cut or anything. Pretty sure its still in the box even, although it was a pain in the butt to get it back in. *shruggs, I might not of even got in back in the box, lol..

TSS, thanks man, and the 60/40 i was referring to was the back seat folding down. I had it in my 05 and loved it.

Icubb, thanks man, sweet Impala yourself,

Fatties, man, Its for the wife. Well, at least when i get the SS, lol.. She doesnt like the SS because its loud, likes the look of them, just not the noise. Guess i showed her the wrong video or 2, well, all of them, lol.. SOB is loud, i like it. AND, what the heck is ceramic Tint?

OK, fellas, thanks for the props,

Reactions: ICUBB and TSS

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You ever see that fine ass chick walking down the street, just to turn and have a face full of pimples? Well, that what I got. Then took a reallllllly good look over it before signing papers, and guess what. The entire front of the car was full of paint chips from rocks or something. Looks like they followed a dump truck full of gravel, and followed it for a good 3,000 miles. Not BSin, it had around 500 of them.,, It also had 74,000 miles, which i wasnt happy about to begin with, but the chips sent it over the, " Go look for something else" line.

So, I got this, and it will be ready Thursday for me to take it home.

No mods needed, ITS A LTZ, WOOT.. yes, still 2.5L, Loved the black, but this is loaded. and 30,000 less miles, no brainer. AND, saved $500+ because now i dont need to install DRLs, heated seats, or Anything else.

I just need the windows tinted, alarm installed, stereo installed, and I HATE the back exhaust,

So plan on removing the exhaust skirt? and just installing these 2 x 6 tips, and I think will look sweet.

And thats it. Nothing else to do. I hate the rims too, but hey, Ill roll with them thru the crap weather season at least.

Reactions: 04Imp38

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Whats cool, is its the same exact thing I have in my avatar pic, same color, just newer, and I was sad to let that one go,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Impaler, this is also a 2014. Not sure about taking the stereo out that you mention, I would think your refering to looking for Audio jacks?

Im putting in my 12 inch woofers, and amps, splicing into rear speakers.. thats a maybe tho, im not sure yet. I might not do anything as far as stereo.

I do love my bass once in a while, *shruggs, well see.

Beautiful car tho, and alll i know, is I FINALLY GOT MY HALOS, lol..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah, not taking out the headunit. Just didnt know if there were audio RCA jacks on the headunit itsself

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks David,

Yeah, Love it. Just got home from picking it up, and drove it home a good 130 miles. Nice ride. The steering is touchy, took 20 miles to get used to it. Yeah, there is sooooo much more then the LT, so glad i looked around for another day. 7 People called about the Impala I just got, guess there was a lot of interest. Has HIDs, man, them suckers are bright. Had my wife drive it, and I was infront of her, and it was super annoying how bright the lights were. Not sure I got the seat set to my liking yet. Messed with it the entire trip. Got the onstar stuff, 5 months free, XM radio for 6 months free, I think it was, Sweet across the board,....

As far as the exhaust, Yeah, dont like it at all. Taking some measurements tomorrow to figure out which set of tips im going to go with. Taking that entire trim piece off, and inspect how its going to look without it, but from what I can tell, its going to look nice.

getting windows tinited Saturday, and alarm and woofers installed Sunday.

Ill get some before and after pics, and the alarm install process most likely.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Oh, and No, not the tips above in this thread. found 2 sets, not revealing till they are done tho,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Keeping the exhaust, make the car look like a fastback kindaish, lol.. Here is the problem, the tips look like shit. So, Its either 180 for new ones, junk yards dont seem to have them so far, ( called 5 ) so now, its either paint to match car color, or somekind of re-chrome.

Also just getting ready to order my slotted brakes and new shoes that i put on everysingle car i get. love them, they are great.

Todays mission, figure out what im going to do about these tips.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
hey, maybe they just need cleaned, lol, but i couldnt even scratch it off with fingernail,

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
funny story, they came 95% clean with just a toothbrush, bbq grill cleaner, and baking soda/vinegar. Next time i wash it, will hit it with a brilo or steel wool, but for now, it looks much much better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just for reference, what brakes do you use?
Hey man, I use the max brand from Ebay. $170 for front and back, rotors and pads included.

I always have good luck with them.

Funny story about all this too for ya. On the way back from getting this 2014, the 2011 brakes started the screeching noise.

AND, I ordered them exactly a year ago today. So, I put 20,000 miles on these things about.

Is that good or bad? Idk.

These suckers stopped on a dime.

Open to anyone with better ideas for brakes that you would consider maybe better for this 2014. I want to order them tomorrow, so throw input at me soon if you got any. Thanks..

I just love the slotted rotors look, and painting the calipers red. But also thought about body color for them, idk yet.
Tint is next saturday, i thought tomorrow, days went fast, alot going on. as far as alarm, the only thing the factory is missing, is the microwave sensor. It has the pit stop feature, moreless. It locks itsself as i walk away from the car, that was the other feature i loved with excalibur, was the 30 second autolock delay after last door closed. Having to haul a kid in and out of the day 4 times a day, its awesome feature to have,. I might not put it in, not sure yet on that one. Heck, i might not even put the woofers in to be honest.

Tint the windows, call it a day. and of course the brakes and rotors..

So, happy the tips came clean, and looked at them for longer then 1 minute, lol.. They do look good i guess, lol..

ok people, have a good night..

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Took this last night, pretty cool, bright as heck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
it was a reference to how bright they are IN YOUR FACE,

dam man, you really needed to throw salt in the thread?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
and they werent the headlights either, they were the parking lights,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts