Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all - As my title suggests, a couple weeks back I bought a lightly used 2012 Impala LT, and I'm loving it.

Over the years, my wife (i.e. - Mrs. Plaid) has often complained that I drive like an old man, and she's (for the most part) right. Slow stops, slow starts and seeing how long the car will last - that's me. The very definition of middle age.:yikes:

But this car begs to be driven. It's a wolf in sheep's clothing. Love the acceleration, handling and performance. But that's nothing compared to how much I've grown to love hearing the wife complain that I'm driving like a maniac! :giggle:

So yeah. I enjoy it a lot. And maybe a bit too much.

Now I've gotta ask from the forum's collective wisdom - are there any essential mods I should make, right off the bat? Performance, appearance, etc. I'm talking about must haves, no brainers...that kind of stuff. Nothing's been done with this car (to my knowledge); it's all stock, and a blank canvas (literally...it's white).

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hearing from you!

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Welcome.

My must haves are probably a little extreme for most. So most must have An intake and exhaust usually make the car sound a lot better and give you some better throttle response.

Also post some pics of the blank canvas!!

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome! :beer: And yes...PICS NOW! :eek:k3:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
WELCOME!!! x2 on pics, Don't upset the mods.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome need pic and agree with ejb, get better front and rear sway bars and front and rear strut tower bar for handling

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm on the pics, but I need a day or two. It's snowing here...if I took and posted them now you'd only see wheels!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts