Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st I would just like to say hello, new to this forum. I was reading the owners manual and I noticed that for the V8 SS you have to run super unleaded gas or the preformance will be decreased and the motor might knock. Is this true? has anybody experienced any problems running 87 octane gas? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wecome

1st I would just like to say hello, new to this forum. I was reading the owners manual and I noticed that for the V8 SS you have to run super unleaded gas or the preformance will be decreased and the motor might knock. Is this true? has anybody experienced any problems running 87 octane gas? Thanks for your help
I tried the lower grade before I realize I had to run Super. My car burned thru more gas and didn't seem to run right also. Run Super and it runs great but keep your foot out of it or your gas mileage really will suffer. How do you like the 2009 model? I think you'll love the Impala SS. Also welcome to the forum and it's great way to get information about the Impala.

·
Banned
351 Posts
You can run Plus (90 octane) without a problem because the timing automatically adjusts if the engine has any slight pinging... But why bother... you will get better mileage with Super anyways.

If the price difference is huge, just alternate.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help

I tried the lower grade before I realize I had to run Super. My car burned thru more gas and didn't seem to run right also. Run Super and it runs great but keep your foot out of it or your gas mileage really will suffer. How do you like the 2009 model? I think you'll love the Impala SS. Also welcome to the forum and it's great way to get information about the Impala.

To be honest I test drove a G8 Pontiac before buying the impala SS and I have to say that if the stupid dealer ship gave me a better daal I would be on a Pontiac forum. But so far I love the car except for the torque steer, do you guys have any good recomendations for performance upgrades?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can run Plus (90 octane) without a problem because the timing automatically adjusts if the engine has any slight pinging... But why bother... you will get better mileage with Super anyways.

If the price difference is huge, just alternate.

Thanks for your imput!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
To be honest I test drove a G8 Pontiac before buying the impala SS and I have to say that if the stupid dealer ship gave me a better daal I would be on a Pontiac forum. But so far I love the car except for the torque steer, do you guys have any good recomendations for performance upgrades?
What funny is I also wanted the G8 GT but the dealer wouldn't move on the price also. So went to another dealer and found my 2007SS for a great price. I would start with and Exhaust Cat Back system and would go with a Cold Air Intake. I like the way MagnaFlow sounds and also like the way my Cold Air Intake system looks.Check out my posts or Garage for both Mods with Pic's I did for my 2007SS. Also as for you TS push your TC button to shut it off and you won't get the TS ( Torque steer ).

·
Banned
351 Posts
Yeah the torque steer was tough to get a handle on at first (scared the bejesus out of me the first timei floored it), but just start playing with it and getting a feel for how the car moves. Ive had the car for a week and a half and Ive gotten used to it and can control it without an issue.

Also, Ben2007SS gave good advice... turn the TC off and you will get better performance all together... just dont spin them shoes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What funny is I also wanted the G8 GT but the dealer wouldn't move on the price also. So went to another dealer and found my 2007SS for a great price. I would start with and Exhaust Cat Back system and would go with a Cold Air Intake. I like the way MagnaFlow sounds and also like the way my Cold Air Intake system looks.Check out my posts or Garage for both Mods with Pic's I did for my 2007SS. Also as for you TS push your TC button to shut it off and you won't get the TS ( Torque steer ).
By the way I love your car, I wish the dealer had the red I would have gotten it. But I settled for the black one (pain in the ass to keep clean!!).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the torque steer was tough to get a handle on at first (scared the bejesus out of me the first timei floored it), but just start playing with it and getting a feel for how the car moves. Ive had the car for a week and a half and Ive gotten used to it and can control it without an issue.

Also, Ben2007SS gave good advice... turn the TC off and you will get better performance all together... just dont spin them shoes.

Thanks, for the advise, I just don't know long I can keep my self from lighting them up!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Black looks fast

By the way I love your car, I wish the dealer had the red I would have gotten it. But I settled for the black one (pain in the ass to keep clean!!).
Thanks, But I must say the Black one's look fast and sportier. The Red is hard to keep clean also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts