Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, now that I got the car I need aftermarket parts for it and Ive been researching and cant find too much for this car. Does anybody know if there is a website out there with 2007 Impala SS performance products? All that I have found is a cold air intake, a PCM Re-cal, and dual exhaust. Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Curse of the Front Wheel Drive

I have an '06 SS and unfortunately, I'm finding the same. I'm not even sure that the programmer makes that much of a difference. I have the Cold-Air, Magnaflow and am considering the programmer. I think that part of the problem with the 8th Gen cars is the front wheel drive. I'm sure you've felt the torque in the steering. Have you looked into the mods available for Chevy Silverados with the same motor? I'm looking into now, I'll let you know if I find out anything.
Be Safe-

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
most of the topend stuff for the 5.3 should work (heads/intake/etc). the big difference between the 2 are that the water pump is offset and the crank is 13mm shorter, both for clearence issues. Diablo makes a decent programmer (from what ive read)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is a Mod

Jantzer Performance
Do a search on ebay for " LS2 LS3 LS7 Ported Throttle Body Corvette C6 GTO LS1 TB "
This guy is on eBay, I just met him today, he lives in my hometown of Grants Pass, Oregon.
I took a look at his TB,s and they are great looking, I have an appoinment monday to have my Ported TB Installed. I did a search on google about him , some good some not so good. What I found out is he is a small business man trying to make it in a bad economy. So if you have any problems I am sure he will work it out. Looks like a one man operation, trying to get a fresh start. Second mod is a Jet MAF,

Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor
Part #: 69116

And last is a K&N filter, # 33-2334

All these mod,s are for the 2007 Impala SS 5.3L V8

Dont worry about cold air intake, This car gets its fresh air from the front of the car by the left front running light.

I have to do the install first then go to the Dyno for a tune.

I will let you know how it turns out for me.

One more thing here is a nice hood for your 07 Impala.

mpd-inc.net/Impala.htm

·
Registered
123 Posts
5.3 Vortec GM engine

Jantzer Performance
Do a search on ebay for " LS2 LS3 LS7 Ported Throttle Body Corvette C6 GTO LS1 TB "
This guy is on eBay, I just met him today, he lives in my hometown of Grants Pass, Oregon.
I took a look at his TB,s and they are great looking, I have an appoinment monday to have my Ported TB Installed. I did a search on google about him , some good some not so good. What I found out is he is a small business man trying to make it in a bad economy. So if you have any problems I am sure he will work it out. Looks like a one man operation, trying to get a fresh start. Second mod is a Jet MAF,

Powr-Flo Mass Air Sensor
Part #: 69116

And last is a K&N filter, # 33-2334

All these mod,s are for the 2007 Impala SS 5.3L V8

Dont worry about cold air intake, This car gets its fresh air from the front of the car by the left front running light.

I have to do the install first then go to the Dyno for a tune.

I will let you know how it turns out for me.

One more thing here is a nice hood for your 07 Impala.

mpd-inc.net/Impala.htm
I sure hope you did your research on this because this is for 5.3 Vortec GM engine:eek:. I have to also say the cold Air system is the way to go not just place OEM filter with K&N OEM type filter. Are you going to add a PCM reprogram when you add that MAS,because what I have read the price to gain isn't worth it for adding the MAS. Now what I have read is a Throttle Body spacer could do wonders:cool:.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I looked at the TB

I sure hope you did your research on this because this is for 5.3 Vortec GM engine:eek:. I have to also say the cold Air system is the way to go not just place OEM filter with K&N OEM type filter. Are you going to add a PCM reprogram when you add that MAS,because what I have read the price to gain isn't worth it for adding the MAS. Now what I have read is a Throttle Body spacer could do wonders:cool:.
I looked at the TB my self. My SS has the vett TB on it. I will do a part number check first, Or I might just have him port my TB. He says It only takes 2 days. On the PCM reprogram, the dyno shop will do that for me. The spacer I am not to cool on. I know that the MAF will help alot. I have done this on my 03 Vett, There is a screen inside the MAF that restricts air flow. I also had a 07SSR. Some of the guys on SSR fanatic fourms just pulled out the screen and got better performance. I know I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts