Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my 2009 Impala SS... It rumbles, it shakes, and it makes me happy when I am motoring home from work and pull out to pass a car... but I am wondering what are the few first simple mods I should look in to, to get me past bone stock.
My car came with all SS options minus 1. The Bose. Which erks me but I can overcome that.
I am just looking for inexspensive upgrades and some fun with my new car. :dizzy:

·
Registered
48 Posts
congrats, but we only believe you, when you have pics :eek:k3:

But depends what kind of mods you want, visual exterior, interior.. exhaust upgrade... tune....

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice the 09 is the best to get. Little better styling, (better lower body molding side skirt) and most of the kinks worked out minus the transmission lo. But hey, we are all in the same boat on that one. What color and mileage you get her at?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I work at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership. I had my pick of anything. I waited and waited. I was very close to pulling the trigger on an '07 300C 5.7L RWD. Never really considered the Charger though because of the kids, rear wheel drive, and winter up here in NY.
So when I heard this Impala was on its way here, I grabbed the keys and never let it even get put out for sale. Put a dealer plate on it and started driving it. It's officially mine as of 2 weeks ago and I am just spoiled.
My biggest issue is the no Bose stereo system... Yes it was a Rental according to the Carfax... reason being the no Bose. Obviously it's black and has 61,000 miles on it. I paid 14,900 for it. That 14,997 included New Goodyear's all the way around, brakes, rotors, a new headlight, alignment, oil change fluids etc. I was very satisfied with the whole deal (as my own salesman, of course it was)...
I traded in my 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S in on it. I just wanted some balls but still be able to through the kids in it comfortably.

I love it.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
do you have to 6 disc CD changer?

available options 2009 were sunroof, body side moldings, 6 disc CD player, BOSE.....4 options....

Welcome!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome need pics

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I'm a little confused, you almost bought a 300, but wouldn't consider a charger? Its the same car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Nice Impala! I'd never imagine an SS being part of a rental fleet.....

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
My car came with all SS options minus 1. The Bose. Which erks me
:welcome: Any honestly, your better off without bose...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm a little confused, you almost bought a 300, but wouldn't consider a charger? Its the same car.
The rear end in some Chargers is different. Like a 300C vs an R/T.
Plus... The tire package on many Chargers (Hemi's) come with an impractical tire for all year round up north here. The 300C of that year had an 18inch tire.
I've been in sales for 7 years at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership. I also consider residual and quality and the Charger's are poorly designed (although same chassis as 300, yes, but the interior's are not)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am getting error's in trying to post a picture here. I loaded one up to an album on this forum but cannot figure it out on here. I copy and past the url and it comes back error everytime. :(

I'd love to show you guys the car.

And yes my 09 was a rental. Well it was owned by a rental company, thats what the carfax shows. 0-26,000 miles it was a rental. Then 1 owner after that. The wear and tear is just not there, clean carfax, southern car (for NY that adds $$$) and it was clean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
do you have to 6 disc CD changer?

available options 2009 were sunroof, body side moldings, 6 disc CD player, BOSE.....4 options....

Welcome!
I only knew of the book out options. (in car sales you use bookouts to value cars for banks) and I saw a short list of options. I have no idea on the body side moldings. Maybe you guys can tell from the picture.
Sunroof is a yes.
No 6 disc.
No Bose.
Side Moldings... Idk Impalas well enough to know.
I just know my stock stereo sucks.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yes, you have the moldings. 1/2 way up the side doors.... Personally, I liked my BOSE in my 09.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just purchased my 2009 Impala SS... It rumbles, it shakes, and it makes me happy when I am motoring home from work and pull out to pass a car... but I am wondering what are the few first simple mods I should look in to, to get me past bone stock.
My car came with all SS options minus 1. The Bose. Which erks me but I can overcome that.
I am just looking for inexspensive upgrades and some fun with my new car. :dizzy:
Looks nice - congrats! The LS4 rumble is very nice.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Your car looks awesome. All you need is to chrome it up! :D

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Reactions: WallyLO

·
Registered
35 Posts
My SS is a rental car too! How weird! I have no complaints but it is really stripped down... no sunroof (I can live without) or Bose system (would've been nice!)... and uh, no emergency brakes either but I don't think you can uncheck that on the options list. lol

As for mods:

I think the priority list goes like...

Trans Cooler (the TEP cooler is the preferred one)
K&N CAI
Cat-back Exhaust (Magnaflow has a kit) with Res delete
Overkill Tune

Each of these mods are a few hundred dollars each. And you have to have tinted windows and at least 1 sub... can't have an impala and no tint or sub!

EDIT: Forgot to say grats and welcome!

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Or not........ I like the lack of chrome on the SS.

Yes sir :eek:k3:

Debadge + Plasti'd window trim, trunk trim, and grill + Tinted Tails = Way better looking

1 - 20 of 28 Posts