Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...

I just bought an 07 SS certified from a dealer and my gas gauge is ALL OVER THE PLACE. After filling it, I go 20 miles and Im down to 3/4 of a tank. Soon after it drops to 1/2, then to 1/4, then back up to a half. The problem is also affecting the digital read out of how many miles till empty. Has anyone else had this problem? Im thinking its the sending unit from the fuel pump.

Also, my SS has cloth seats and no Bose speakers. I checked the VIN and it is a legit SS... the insignia is embroidered into the headrests and everything. I cant find anything about a 2007 impala with cloth seats. Also, the passenger seat is not power... I know that the car was used for 10 days as a corportate vehicle, and am not sure if this has to do with it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
what kind of warranty do you have? how long do you mean when you say "just bought it"?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Also, my SS has cloth seats and no Bose speakers. I checked the VIN and it is a legit SS... the insignia is embroidered into the headrests and everything. I cant find anything about a 2007 impala with cloth seats. Also, the passenger seat is not power...
All you have to do is look under the hood. V8=SS No V8=No SS

Maybe it was a police car F*up? Cop imps have v8 but cloth seats, no bose, no pwr seats

·
Registered
657 Posts
you sure about that? i thought the 9c1s had the 3.9 V6...:confused:

EDIT:
wikipedia said:
Also updated are the 9C1 & 9C3 trim levels for Police Package models, which do not have the civilian SS's 303 horsepower (226 kW) V8 engine available, but instead use the 3.9 liter (237 cu in) V6.[7] The reason for this is that the Police Sedans utilize the SS radiator and cooling system as an upgrade from the standard 3.9 liter engine (used in the Impala LTZ). GM did not wish to design a specific radiator and cooling system to equip a low-production V8 police vehicle.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what kind of warranty do you have? how long do you mean when you say "just bought it"?
Just bought as in 6 days ago. It has a 12 month 12000 miles bumper to bumper and the remainder of the 5 yr 100000 mile powertrain.

The Vin checks out to an SS and it says so under the hood as well... I just wish I knew if there were any other SS's out there with cloth.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just bought as in 6 days ago. It has a 12 month 12000 miles bumper to bumper and the remainder of the 5 yr 100000 mile powertrain.

The Vin checks out to an SS and it says so under the hood as well... I just wish I knew if there were any other SS's out there with cloth.
Im curious about this one what is the last 8 of your VIN?

·
Registered
123 Posts
CarFax Report

Hello all...

I just bought an 07 SS certified from a dealer and my gas gauge is ALL OVER THE PLACE. After filling it, I go 20 miles and Im down to 3/4 of a tank. Soon after it drops to 1/2, then to 1/4, then back up to a half. The problem is also affecting the digital read out of how many miles till empty. Has anyone else had this problem? Im thinking its the sending unit from the fuel pump.

Also, my SS has cloth seats and no Bose speakers. I checked the VIN and it is a legit SS... the insignia is embroidered into the headrests and everything. I cant find anything about a 2007 impala with cloth seats. Also, the passenger seat is not power... I know that the car was used for 10 days as a corportate vehicle, and am not sure if this has to do with it.
Did you get a CarFax report done by the dealer before you bought it. If they won't do it then I wouldn't buy any used car without this information CarFax stands behind it's information. Just a nice way to CYA. I wonder maybe this SS is lower end model as for cost so customer can enjoy the V8 5.3L.

·
Registered
416 Posts
79102238.... Reg. reads Chevrolet 4DR SDN SS...
I looked up the build sheet for the vehicle and it reads that it was equipped with leather seats:

AR9 - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES, HEATED FRONT SEATS, POWER PASSENGER SEAT, 6-WAY NOT INCLUDED

R9N - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES

But the seats in the vehicle could have been changed because the vehicle was a GM company car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
CarFax

I went out to my car and look at my CarFax Report and it has all the options my car should have. It's all broke down on the report. I call my Brother Inlaw who is in management at GM in Michigan and get's a new car to drive, said GM doesn't change seats or anything on the cars just because they drive them. They drive the vehicle just the way it came off the line. He said it sound like someone did a swap with the seats.:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That may be the case but they are true SS seats... the driver seat is power (the passenger is not) and the SS logo's are in the headrests and too good to be repro... Also, the lack of the Bose system and heated seats is strange too..

I WAS given a carfax report...It was used for commercial uses for 10 days and 627 miles, then sold to a private owner who used it for 2.5 years.

The read on optional equipment states "On Star... vehicle equipped with onstar and personal calling..." That is all... nothing strange with the title, odometer, regular service... Nothing....

Is there any way for me to get a copy of the VIN lookup you did to go back to the dealership with? To be honest... I could care less about leather, I tend to like cloth better to cut down on my fat A$$ sticking to the seats... but I feel as if something SHADY has gone on...

Thanks for all the insight guys... it is greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you get a CarFax report done by the dealer before you bought it. If they won't do it then I wouldn't buy any used car without this information CarFax stands behind it's information. Just a nice way to CYA. I wonder maybe this SS is lower end model as for cost so customer can enjoy the V8 5.3L.

If it was a lower end model then I would be pleased with that, as it would be an indication that nothing sketchy went on... but I was not aware that chevy even put out a "low end model" of the SS without leather and bose... Maybe they just did few of these for the commercial use vehicles??????

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:eek: they drove 1,000 miles per day!!?!?
YESSIIIIRRRRRR.... probablly taking it cross country or something for marketing or promotional uses... on the road as of 7/2006

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:eek: they drove 1,000 miles per day!!?!?
maybe it was used as a test car... they could have just put it on one of those test machines to test for defects and kept her running for about 15 hours a day... If its any consolation the car is mint, rides like a dream, and I damn near stole it :wink:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts