Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put some LED bulbs in my tailights and pulled the interior light fuse because I hate the way the interior lights come on and go off as they please. I noticed my front passenger side blinker stopped working. I figured I blew out the front bulb due to the 'hyperflash' condition the LEDs created.

I pulled the LEDs and replaced them with the original incandescents. I noticed the parking lights worked but not the flasher. I figured it was the bulb. Replacing the bulb had no effect. The rear blinker still worked as normal as did both driver side flashers. I was stumped and angry because the bulb socket was in fine condition and so were the turn signal fuses. This car doesn't have a flasher relay. As I was looking at the few box I remembered pulling the fuse for the interior lights. I popped it back in and bam the blinker started working.

Hopefully this post will help someone in the future. I have no idea why the passenger side front flasher circuit would be routed through the interior light circuit...but apparently it is.

These cars are so damn moody. After this and the stray RF from my CB causing interference I'm about ready to go back to Carbs and non ABS brakes!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Wow - that is pretty crazy! Thanks for posting though - will most likely help someone else from going crazy over the same situation at some point!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yep same thing happened to me, remove the dome light bulb if you don't want that one to come on...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's what I plan on doing. I might go for some red LEDs or something...but I heard they have a flickering issue when they dim? These damn cars are a nightmare for anything aftermarket...especially electrically.

·
Registered
76 Posts
the LED trunk strip I got on ebay dimly flickers when they go off but the juice usage is minimal so I'm not worried about it

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thanks. My concern with flickering interior lights is being harassed by the police for having a 'flashing' red light. We have some real winners in the local PD here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hmm, I just posted in another thread about checking my multifuction head light switch, but come to think of it, I removed the fuse for the interior lights staying on a while back! I'll try that first! Thanks for the post F16vipers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts