Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed installing my Cold Air Intake system. It seems to make a nice difference with my new exhaust.:cool: When you punch:biggrin: it has a really nice sound. Cost $278.00 and it sure looks nice under my hood and is made to last, well worth my money.:icon_super:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
1996 Impala SS

I want to install a cold air intake on my 96, there are few different make on the market right now. I would be interested in hear the members comments on the pros and cons based on what they have installed

·
Registered
657 Posts
i made one of my own using pvc and a cone filter. it sits underneath the headlight inside the bumper. i wrapped it in some insulation tape and couldnt be happier, especially for the $50 it cost me to make and install it. :wink:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Your new intake looks good.

I want to install a cold air intake on my 96, there are few different make on the market right now. I would be interested in hear the members comments on the pros and cons based on what they have installed
Just installed the raiss intake on my 95, I haven't pulled it out for spring yet, so i can't describe any pros yet other than it looks and sounds awesome, cons are that you'll have to remove the intake to do anything to the waterpump or belts, and i was told on here that'd i'll have to clean the mass airflow sensor every few weeks from dirt getting in easy. One other con is that theres nowhere for the air pump line to run to so you'll either have to remove the air pump, or get a breather filter to put in the hose. I'm confident that the pros will out weight the cons though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i just made 1 out of pvc and a 45 degree elbow that tucks into the bumper today. it was a PITA to fungshway it so the light fit right and after all is said and done it sounds amazing. i still have to mount the pcm since its zip tied to the top of the intake. it too cost me roughly 55-60 painted and everything. theres a slight gap between the light and bumper on this side for some reason as oppose to the passenger side but the light is in perfectly... odd

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just completed installing my Cold Air Intake system. It seems to make a nice difference with my new exhaust.:cool: When you punch:biggrin: it has a really nice sound. Cost $278.00 and it sure looks nice under my hood and is made to last, well worth my money.:icon_super:
Looks good

·
Registered
55 Posts
K&N

I own a 95 Impala and I installed my K&N myself. It took me about 1 hour. I always try and make sure it is right the first time, that is probably why it took so long. I like the performance that it produces along with my Flowmaster Exhaust cat back system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great! How long did it take to perform the installation? Also, are there any concerns regarding warranty? I know it shouldn't have a negative impact on warranty, but I'd be leery about any mods to a vehicle still under warranty.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looks great! How long did it take to perform the installation? Also, are there any concerns regarding warranty? I know it shouldn't have a negative impact on warranty, but I'd be leery about any mods to a vehicle still under warranty.
Thank you. It took all about an hour to install. The hardest part was removing the OEM Box. What I know is GM/Dealer can't Void warranty because you a filter thats better than the one they use on OEM. But I know what you mean with regard to Warranty, I Paid for 100K EW so I make sure anything I do is safe as for my Warranty. But this Upgrade does make a difference:biggrin:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thank you. It took all about an hour to install. The hardest part was removing the OEM Box. What I know is GM/Dealer can't Void warranty because you a filter thats better than the one they use on OEM. But I know what you mean with regard to Warranty, I Paid for 100K EW so I make sure anything I do is safe as for my Warranty. But this Upgrade does make a difference:biggrin:
Factory warranty is easier to get away with something like that as long as the part that has failed is not directly linked to the aftermarket part. The EW can be a little bit more of a pain to deal with. The intake is a simple enough mod that can be taken off and reverted back to the factory air cleaner so nothing would look like it has been changed.

·
Banned
351 Posts
This looks really nice Ben. I just bought a K&N CAI and was hoping to employ a similar heat shield setup. Did that setup come with your purchase or did you buy it separatley/make it yourself?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not made by K&N

This looks really nice Ben. I just bought a K&N CAI and was hoping to employ a similar heat shield setup. Did that setup come with your purchase or did you buy it separatley/make it yourself?
Sorry it not made by K&N. My system is made by Cold Air Inductions Inc. It cost a little more but I feel it just a better product. The Box is made to last. It come's with the box and filter set up. I look into the other system and just coundn't see where the claim is COLD AIR with that heat sheild setup.:eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do have to have the air filter enclosed or is that optional cause i have seen some without the enclosure
You are right, it's what I felt was best for me was the one I went with.

·
Banned
351 Posts
Does that enclosure have an opening in the front for air flow? Im assuming yes but its hard to tell for sure. if so that is clearly a superior heat shield design than any other Ive seen.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does that enclosure have an opening in the front for air flow? Im assuming yes but its hard to tell for sure. if so that is clearly a superior heat shield design than any other Ive seen.
Yes that is correct the whole front is open. The box opening is pretty much flush up against sheet metal from top to bottom.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New Cold Air Intake & New Exhaust

Wats tha name of the intake,and wat kind of exaust did u put on.my self I was lookin @ gettin either borla or magna flow...
My cold air system is made by Cold Air Inductions Inc.http://coldairinductions.com/W-BodyLS4V8ColdAirBox.html
MagnaFlow Stainless Steel Mufflers/Resonator/Stainless Steel Tips,Exhaust tubing was custom built by Austin ProMax in Tacoma,WA. This is a speed shop in Tacoma.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts