Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Impala cranks but doesn't start after I fueled up with a full tank of gas in -22 Fahrenheit/-30 Celcius. I suspect it may be bad fuel so I attached a fuel pressure tester to the fuel rail pressure valve and the fuel pump runs when I turn the key to on and the pressure measures at just under 70 PSI. It doesn't continuously run the fuel pump so I removed the Vacuum/Pump relay in the fuse box and jumped the 87 and 30 pin together. However, the fuel pump doesn't run in this situation and I can hear a buzzing noise from somewhere around the valve cover/intake manifold. Does anyone know how to get the fuel pump to run so I can empty the fuel tank? Or another way to empty the fuel tank? Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My 2013 Impala cranks but doesn't start .... so I removed the Vacuum/Pump relay in the fuse box and jumped the 87 and 30 pin together. .....Does anyone know how to get the fuel pump to run so I can empty the fuel tank? Or another way to empty the fuel tank? Thank you for reading.
That relay is NOT for the fuel pump. The fuel pump is controlled by the "Fuel Pump Flow Control Module" pins 47-PWR(gray) and 16-GND(pink). Sorry I don't know where it's located. You should be able to power the pump from the wires coming off of the tank under the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts