Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 781 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I just can't image a 17mm offset difference making *that* much of a difference (especially since it would just push the wheels out as opposed to closer to suspension parts, etc...). I mean 17mm is between .5 and .75 inch. Surely, they would still fit?

They look really nice in the picture and are only $200 to boot (and are chrome)! :)

EDIT: Never mind - they're already gone anyway...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What do you guys think of these wheels? They've been for sale for a while, so I could probably get them for $200/$250...

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/pts/4754619873.html

Wheel width is 7.5" (same as stock), so they should fit without issue.

Just not sure if I should go for these or just hold out for another set of chrome Bullitts...

Also, here is a great site that lets you put in old and new wheel sizes and tells you if they should fit or not. Pretty cool...

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Not a huge fan of those wheels...

Cool website though!

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah, I've found that it's almost impossible to determine if wheels looks good on a car until you actually see them on the car. Wheels that I think look great on their own just don't look right on the car... I did see a few pictures of mustangs with those wheels and they looked great - but that is a mustang... Not sure what to do - I think I'll hold out and just end up getting exactly what I want though. I've found places selling the Bullitt wheels brand new for $159 shipped, so I may even do that eventually... Can also get "new take off" (less than 5 miles on them) Bullitts for $600-$650 shipped on Ebay.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Yeah, with wheels, it's best to hold out until you get exactly what you want. They're too expensive to keep swapping them around.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Agreed - sometimes I'm just so damn impatient! Being that I just bought an HPTuner and will need to buy credits and the tune from Will, I'm better off waiting anyway - or else my wife may kill me before I could even get the wheels put on - she doesn't even know about the HPTuner, upcoming credit purchase or upcoming tune purchase yet! Better "slow my roll"! :)

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I don't know what it is, but I just can't get those Razor wheels out of my head - especially for the price that I think I can get them for! For some reason, I just kind of like they way that they look - especially if I can get them to shine up like they are in some of these pics! :)

@RYD - anyway you could shop them onto my car from one of these pictures? It would be VERY much appreciated if you could!

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
I'll try and get to it this week. Don't I owe you another photoshop? Can't remember...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks @RYD! You don't "owe" me anything, but the other photoshop request was for the non--foglight grilles. If you have a chance to make them black (and even white), I'd appreciate it. IMO, the wheels are more important at this time, simply because someone else could buy them before me if it turns out that I really like them! :) I'll be traveling to Harrisburg (where the wheels are located) in the next few days to visit my Mom in the hospital (minor surgery), so if I like them, I'd like to at least look at them while I'm there (it's an 1.5 hour drive).

Thanks again - I appreciate it. Like I said, I've found that with wheels, it's vitally important to get an idea of what they would look like *on your car*! :)

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Right! I'll try and get on the wheels tonight, and I'll probably get to the fog-grilles at the same time.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
:beer:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Dude - you are the man - you do some really awesome work!! I actually really like the way that the wheels look - I just might have to go take a look at them while I'm in Harrisburg...

I definitely like the black grilles as well - now I have to take those damn things back off again in order to plasti-dip them (or maybe even just paint them).

Thank you very much - I really do appreciate you spending the time to do this.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Yeah, they definitely look better in the photoshop than they did in my mind.

As for the grilles, I actually kinda like them the way you have them. They sort of "match" the headlights. The only thing I would do is plastidip the bar behind it.

And no problem, it only took me about 15 minutes

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey JT just found your page, nice work with the mods:beer: . I was just curious if you changed the rear spoiler, I thought all 12+ came with the SS spoiler that over hangs the rear quarter's? Maybe I'm wrong just something I noticed.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words on the mods. Regarding the spoiler - my understanding is that the car didn't come with a spoiler from the factory and the spoiler that is on it is a "dealer-installed" option. It's an official GM product, but it's considered an "accessory" (they are listed on dealership websites as an optional accessory). An expensive accessory at that - $400! :)

Since it was a rental, I'm assuming that a dealer installed the spoiler before they offered it for sale as a used vehicle, just to make it look a little nicer. I actually kinda like it though. Honestly, I'd be happy with either the factory SS-style spoiler or this one (but I definitely do like a spoiler on these cars as opposed to no spoiler).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Agreed, in my opinion these cars look better with a spoiler and actually like that style on your car. As for the Mustang rims, personally I don't think the style fits our Impalas, just my opinion of course.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Damn - I must be the *only* person that actually likes those rims on my car!! :)

I just think that it *definitely* looks better than the current stock wheels I have. I've always liked chrome "mag" wheels and I'm kind of old-fashioned about wheel styles so maybe that's why I like them - dunno... That and I never actually got to install chrome wheels on my nice and clean old-school 1980's-era Buick Regals (had at least three of them) when I was younger - maybe I'm just subconsciously trying to fulfill my childhood dream! :)

The seller did call me back this morning and I'm most likely going to take a look at them tomorrow, so I just might buy them anyway - all depends on how good of condition they are (he says that they're in excellent condition). We'll see...

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
I've always liked the chrome "mag" style on these cars.
I just don't like the dimples, divots, bolts, whatever those are on those rims you're looking at.

41 - 60 of 781 Posts