Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. Just sold my 01 Black Monte Carlo SS and bought a 08 Red Impala LT with the 3500 to get a lower mileage car and try to keep the MPG up. That means it's time to change forums too. I appreciate the help folks like you have offered and $$ you've saved me!!

The Car:
This may be completely normal for these cars but I wanted some expert opinions. When driving around hilly Iowa I often use the cruize on longer trips. I've noticed that when the car is coasting downhill the engine RPM's drop to around 1200 or so and sometimes a little farther. Then when I reach the bottom of the hill and start to climb they RPM's jump and the car feels like it's been kicked. It acts as though the engine has been disengaged from the drivetrain and then the engine suddenly takes off to add power and re-engages with the transmission. Most vehiles I've driven drop some RPM downhill but seem to stay coupled up and then bring the power back on gently as the car rounds the bottom of the hill and starts to climb. This thing is more like coast....idle....idle.....idle.....2500 RPM. If this things it going to tear out a tranny, I'd rather do it while it's still under warranty or get it fixed so it doesn't .

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help!! Jeff

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
I would recommend contacting your local dealership for more information. They should be able to assist you and let you know if this is normal or not. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
78 Posts
well i've noticed that my 07 impala surges (idle jumps back and forth 500rpm) when i'm going down a hill with the cruise on. It doesn't happen all the time but I haven't noticed anything abnormal on the up hill.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
well i've noticed that my 07 impala surges (idle jumps back and forth 500rpm) when i'm going down a hill with the cruise on. It doesn't happen all the time but I haven't noticed anything abnormal on the up hill.
I would be happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need your VIN and your current mileage. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts