Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
While browsing the web looking for upgrades for my 06 LTZ, I came across a few items made by JET Performance. I will more than likely do the Overkill tune but was curious if anybody has tried any of their products...From what I've seen, they have a Power Flow mass air flow sensor as well as a stage 1 and stage 2 power chip.

Thanks!

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
You dont need a aftermarket maf sensor because the factory one isnt a restriction to put it in simple terms.

And the chips i have read many times are complete garbage.

But i have never had the chip or maf and never will

Youll be very happy with the overkill tune

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The aftermarket MAF will just give inaccurate readings to the PCM to get more fuel, but in a short time the PCM will learn that the readings are wrong because the o2 sensors give it the rest of the info, and it will compensate. Then your new maf is useless. Overkill tune makes the PCM change everything, so it will stick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! That's a good way to waste hard earned money. Thanks for the info. Everybody recommends Overkill from what I've seen on here so ill be going with that. Would you recommend I do the tune before or after exhaust and intake?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Wow! That's a good way to waste hard earned money. Thanks for the info. Everybody recommends Overkill from what I've seen on here so ill be going with that. Would you recommend I do the tune before or after exhaust and intake?
After that way they will account for them.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Stay away from chips or programmers. They tend to give the pcm false readings in order to obtain a performance gain. This is not the way it should be done. Overkill tune is

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Doesn't matter, you can get the tune first and just tell him you have the mods, then install them whenever. It won't damage anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts