Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a JacFab Spacer and one of the six manifold bolts that were included with this kit is too short. Now I'm stuck. According to the instructions, one of the the bolts will be replaced with an original shorter bolt. The shorter bolt will not work, it's too short. Why would JacFab send you 5 long bolts and 1 short bolt when it looks like you need all 6 bolts to be long? Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I am remembering correctly one of the bolt holes in the intake manifold is deeper than the others and can accept the shorter bolt, for some reason I'm thinking it's the hole closest to the driver. I'm pretty sure I ended up using the shorter bolt that came with the kit as the stock bolt was just too short with the spacer. I may be wrong, it was almost a year ago when I installed mine, but I know I didn't have to buy any new bolts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
View attachment 146137
If I am remembering correctly one of the bolt holes in the intake manifold is deeper than the others and can accept the shorter bolt, for some reason I'm thinking it's the hole closest to the driver. I'm pretty sure I ended up using the shorter bolt that came with the kit as the stock bolt was just too short with the spacer. I may be wrong, it was almost a year ago when I installed mine, but I know I didn't have to buy any new bolts.

Thanks for the reply. I contacted JacFab and they are sending me another long bolt. Here's a picture of my intake. Every single hole from top to bottom thru and thru is the same length. Am I missing something?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
View attachment 146137

Thanks for the reply. I contacted JacFab and they are sending me another long bolt. Here's a picture of my intake. Every single hole from top to bottom thru and thru is the same length. Am I missing something?

***UPDATE***

Got the long bolt I needed today. Put the spacer on and the engine is finally back together. Took it for a drive. So far, no issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so what is the purpose or reason for installing that intake spacer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed the spacer for more performance. I did my research. The part was cheap. It has some great reviews so I pulled the trigger. I’m happy with it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I installed the spacer for more performance. I did my research. The part was cheap. It has some great reviews so I pulled the trigger. I’m happy with it.
What kind of power gains if any did you see?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Also, I think nealbell was asking what the spacer does to increase performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts