1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Looks sick!

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
looks nice! Damn, on those nice summer days, I would kill for a sun roof... I was gonna ddo an LS clone for my car, but for what it would cost, I could have bought a second car that was an LS lol

the tint looks nice too. what percentage is that? I might do it if I'm not trading my car by the end of next summer...

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
looks nice! Damn, on those nice summer days, I would kill for a sun roof... I was gonna ddo an LS clone for my car, but for what it would cost, I could have bought a second car that was an LS lol

the tint looks nice too. what percentage is that? I might do it if I'm not trading my car by the end of next summer...
There's a member on here (username slips my mind atm) who is doing an LS clone for cheap by finding someone parting out the donor car. I'm sure with junkyard parts, it would be relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
last month, my professor at school had a friend parting out a Buick with the 3.8L Supercharged motor and trans. for $400, I could get it and swap it into my car. if I had the money, and if the motor wasn't at 150K miles, I'd have done it.

At this point, I might wind up trading my car or if I'm SUPER lucky, sell it for another daily. I'm an all american car guy, but for now, I'd consider anything with a 5/6 speed, 2 doors, and RWD configuration lol

I like my impala and get great gas mileage with it (30 MPG highway) but for me, a guy in college, majoring in Automotive engineering, I need something sporty and that performs. something to experiment with parts swapping and maybe a little racing. If I had an LS, I'dd be fine keeping it for the power and luxury feel, but the automatic bench seat FWD is killing me when all my friends got their FR's

but anyway, I'm not here to thread-jack... carry on, gentlemen!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are limo tint 4-5% and yes i can see at night.
and i wish someone could teach me how to slam it, i would

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
There is lots of info about it in the 7th gen suspension subforum

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
meh, slammin' isn't my thing really... but if I had an LS, I know Impaler (Evan) gave me a site a while back for drop springs. they had 1.5", 2", and 3" drops. I think I'd do a 2" drop at the most... the NY roads by me kinda suck with 6"- 1' deep potholes in some spots... that's enough to eat a lowered car lol

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Yeah I'm gunna go with wbodystore springs. 1.5" up front and 1" out back

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
gotta think about the weight compensation with the motor and trans up front. make sure they have separate ones for front and back with more/less coils. some places I've seen try to sell a "one size fits all" kit of 4 identical springs when you obviously need a stiffer spring for the front to compensate for more weight. just keep it in mind :eek:k3:

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
The wbodystore springs are built specifically for the wbody platform, so they'll fit perfectly

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts