Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man builds turbine-powered Batmobile, brags about having the only one (video) -- Engadget

If this guy was my neighbor, I'd be arrested for grand theft auto the night he brought this home......that is if the pigs could fly as fast as this thing!!

So you think you're a huge fan of the Dark Knight, huh? Not so fast. Do you own a full-sized Batmobile? Yeah... we didn't think so. But, auto restoration guru Casey Putsch does, and to launch himself further into super-fanboy status, he upgraded the engine with a Boeing turboshaft -- snatched out of a naval drone helicopter. According to him, this makes his collector's item one of a kind, in true Bruce Wayne fashion. Sure, these discarded movie props are usually powered by a standard 350 (especially the older models), but that wasn't enough for a dude's dude who appraises and designs all types of vehicles for a living. Mods were also made to the interior, including an iPad in the dash which serves as the avionics system and keeps track of the important GPS coordinates -- you know, stuff you'd expect Lucious Fox to toss in to track villains and such.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't believe I missed out on this, Niagra Falls is a mere 5hr drive from me, and I woulda driven 28hrs to see this

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lol, well I was laying in bed looking at it on my phone, sue me. :icon_cyclops_ani:

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, I'm gonna leave that one alone!

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I think they should make it a hybrid though, turbines don't have much off the line power, the electric motor could be used for launch.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they should make it a hybrid though, turbines don't have much off the line power, the electric motor could be used for launch.
first off, seriously???

secondly, that's what afterburners are for! It wouldn't be the batmobile without flames shooting out the back!

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Electric dragsters are extreme. And very "batmobily" - cool futuristic sound as they fly away. Also, it would probably be something Wayne Industries could get him with ease. :lol:

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Seriously. Even an afterburner isn't going to make it launch off the line, turbine engines just don't work until they get up to speed. Electric motors produce full power from a dead stop. You can still have flames shoot out the back at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts