Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 99, feels like 108, 42% humidity, been nasty hot/humid past few days, car was dirty, I was bored and dumb. Decided the best thing to do was a full car wash. So, it was a victory I didn't pass out, so I went to the local watering hole and took pics. :beer:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
We have had 23 days straight of 100+ temperatures around here, and no end in sight so far. Car looks good. What do you use to dress the tires?

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, but you're in TX, I'm in WI. This is so abnormal. Especially with all those 60 degree days then BAM 100. But, you guys have wierd weather this year as well. Strange

I use Black Maguc Tire Foam. It's really nice. Runs like crazy so if you do wheel cleaner you should wait til after the foams done. Makes them look like glass, good product.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Well as odd as this next statement may seem, its tempuratures like this:

that makes me want this to happen:

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I would like to see the last/bottom pic as a sig.
for tire shine, ive tried a few and the best ive used BY FAR is this mcguires or however its spelled. its a gel and you put it on with a sponge. it lasts foreverrrr, through rain, snow, salt, a few washes.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
You need a larger Impala logo on the back window IMO.

P.S. Looks great!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, all the empty black space pissed me off, IDEK why.....just did. Got it for $15 shipped. lol

Wally, I guess you can use my car as your sig, it was May 2011 IOTM after all. ;)

Thanks, Todd.

Yeah, Kane. I'd like to see some sick storms in this heat, too. Damn lake keeps them away, though.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
best ive used BY FAR is this mcguires or however its spelled. its a gel and you put it on with a sponge.
I use this as well.. ive tried a ton of things and the foam is best because its just a spray on and less work... however if you have chrome or painted wheels I DO NOT recommend using it because like DOn mentioned, it runs and its a pain to clean it off your wheels.

For chrome wheels, I would use nothing but the sponge-applied gel.

·
The Unscrupulous Lt. Colonel
1,077 Posts
Man Don, I bet its some big fish in that lake. In your picture

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Looks super Don!
No more lowering in mind?
According to weather dot com, we have the same temps down here(93-feels like 108). And this is supposed to be a sub-tropical area.

Washing the car - Dont think so... I would have a heatstroke if I did.

Btw, if you want storms, get down here. Every night thunderstorms and heavy rain

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man Don, I bet its some big fish in that lake. In your picture
One of the people stocks the pond every so often and apparently there's some nice size fish. I forget what types, though.

And, thanks, guys. Nothing like a clean car!

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Bass? Sweet water fish, very common. Great to fish, not so great to eat though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks good man, super clean. Heat index of 114-ish here in MD. I was dumb as well and picked the hottest day of the year to park outside by a tree that drips sap...and had to scrub it off this morning...only 95 degrees in the shade at 10am haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts