Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just in time, I was starting to wonder where it was.....my skate board is ready for the transplant now.
ouch... so... see you @ the track next year then ? LMAO, I Dont think theyll let you take the skateboard down, but your welcome to view my tailights from your land yacht ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Now this is a race I would like to see!:cool:

Now I won't lie I would like to see the (ok so I am partial to the RWD) "land yacht" win, but may the best driver and best car win!:biggrin:

I will say that between the 7 and 8th generation of Impalas I prefer the 7th generation, the reason is at least the tail/backup lights do look more authentic. To me the reverse lights surrounded by the reflector is the proper way for the Impala tail lamps.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Now this is a race I would like to see!:cool:

Now I won't lie I would like to see the (ok so I am partial to the RWD) "land yacht" win, but may the best driver and best car win!:biggrin:

I will say that between the 7 and 8th generation of Impalas I prefer the 7th generation, the reason is at least the tail/backup lights do look more authentic. To me the reverse lights surrounded by the reflector is the proper way for the Impala tail lamps.

LOL this thread is going to become very interesting, very fast. Especially since my 4400# land yacht will not even smoke the tires on wet pavement;-)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
never really had any place to try to top it out safely, have gone 130+, still in 3rd, hell i leave 2nd at 90+.. I think w/ GBA being in CA, and me in MI, this issue will have to wait till a central location event shows up next spring or via the media bucket section LOL

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Media bucket my ass, you leave MI and I leave CA and we see who gets to a central location first:) Oh BTW fooser, LT-1 B bods left the factory with 260hp and 330 ft tq not 260

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Media bucket my ass, you leave MI and I leave CA and we see who gets to a central location first:) Oh BTW fooser, LT-1 B bods left the factory with 260hp and 330 ft tq not 260
LMAO!
Bullrun anyone??? LOL

oooooo wait someone call SpeedNetwork, i have an idea for a show! LOL

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
more toys

a little work done

Still removing carbon deposits fromt he pistons :p you wouldnt believe how much gunk was on here after only 4,xxx miles :mad:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
if you slow down too much on them there hills, I will push/pull you and if we hit snow/ice you can pull me:) Otherwise watch for P.I.T. execution lol

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Damn.....guess I will have to revert my vehicle to its former trim, OC Sheriff:) I knew there was a reason for keeping the 380 pounds of extras it came with. Now to add the rice ball coat hanger on the back to give me super car speed :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I covered the the 842 miles from my driveway (STL) to my then fiance's (now wife) driveway (CSC) in 12 1/4 hours
69 MPH X 12.25 = 845.25 miles

Now stopping four times at 15 min. for gas and quick break I would guess that you ran between 80 and 85 MPH most of the way. How close am I?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Still removing carbon deposits fromt he pistons :p you wouldnt believe how much gunk was on here after only 4,xxx miles :mad:
Was that the NOS lines that I saw?

That much carbon after only 4K is from the gas we are getting, it does not have even half, maybe about 1/10 as much detergent now as it did 10 years ago. This stuff today is not very good. You may want to run some type of good cleaner with each fill up. Make sure it does not have an alcohol base to it.

I am trying something with my van (since it is the vehicle I am driving most). I am using the Lucas Fuel Treatment/Cleaner or something like that. I have used it for the third fillup today. When I check todays MPG I got 13.41 MPG with 50/50 driving city and highway. Now according to the EPA current estimates I should be getting 12 MPG combined driving. The engine is running smoother and really can't tell if it has more pep. The Lucas stuff also lubercates the fuel delivery componets as well as the valves. One thing I hope to prove is wether it will help to keep new deposits of carbon from forming, this is yet to be determined.

The cost of the Lucas stuff was 23.80 with tax and treats 400 gallons of gas or even diesel fuel. Now the cost per gallon of gas it is added to is about .06 cents, which is very cheap if it does what I hope it will.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope, thats just a billet fuel rail, no giggle gas for this build, i want to keep it longer than one trip down the track ;) the stock fuel rails wont fit once im done under the hood :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Ok so your average run on that trip is 73 MPH which will keep from setting off the radar guns.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
LOL I would if we lived closer.:rolleyes:

Just finnished a friends 3.1L Oldmobile 98 Cutlass lower intake manifold gasket repair. That was interesting. Thankfully GBA got me on the right track about reconnecting the fuel rail. When I disconected the line the old O-ring went flying and I had to pull down the top manifold to install a new one on the line.

How much HP will you have when this beast of an engine is finnished and transplanted?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no idea :confused:
hell this setup hasnt even been on the dyno, by the time i got all the bugs worked out of the tuning, the trans started to sli[, so the engine/tranny swap is going to be one large project @ the same time

1 - 20 of 36 Posts