Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a 2001 and need this kit but it hasn't been produced in years.. I am willing to pay for someone to uninstall theirs and let me make a wiring diagram off it in order to reproduce it. I am fairly certain how it works but it is too cold at this time of year to go experiment on the car. Thanks.

Link to bypass install: http://www.bbengineer.com/downloads/...KitInstall.pdf
Fairly certain its just a relay in between high beams to trick bcm into thinking high beams are on and a resister in place of the light sensor.

edit: got the auto headlights disabled today. Just replaced the light sensor with a 1k ohm resistor and no more auto headlights! Next up is to put a relay between the high beams to disable drl ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2001 and need this kit but it hasn't been produced in years.. I am willing to pay for someone to uninstall theirs and let me make a wiring diagram off it in order to reproduce it. I am fairly certain how it works but it is too cold at this time of year to go experiment on the car. Thanks.

Link to bypass install: http://www.bbengineer.com/downloads/...KitInstall.pdf
Fairly certain its just a relay in between high beams to trick bcm into thinking high beams are on and a resister in place of the light sensor.

edit: got the auto headlights disabled today. Just replaced the light sensor with a 1k ohm resistor and no more auto headlights! Next up is to put a relay between the high beams to disable drl ?
I would pay someone to let me clone their bbengineer bypass kit also.

Did you ever put a relay between the high beams? If so, did it work as expected?
I've recently installed HIDs both low and hi beams, and ever since I installed the HID highs I've gotten the error message "High beam out", and my low beams are on constantly once the vehicle is started. It's quite annoying to say the least.

I've been researching the best way to disable the drl, as well as possibly disabling the auto headlights.
Curious if I could just jump the relay for the drls to bypass them? The headlights coming on automatically isn't a big issue for me.

Before I had the HIDs, about 75% of the time whenever my drl would illuminate, the low beams would as well due to the high 4 mod I installed based on a post on this forum. I never did figure out why the low beams would stay off randomly.

If you haven't tried putting the relay in between your HI's, I will probably do so this weekend.
Will post my end results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I would pay someone to let me clone their bbengineer bypass kit also.

Did you ever put a relay between the high beams? If so, did it work as expected?
I've recently installed HIDs both low and hi beams, and ever since I installed the HID highs I've gotten the error message "High beam out", and my low beams are on constantly once the vehicle is started. It's quite annoying to say the least.

I've been researching the best way to disable the drl, as well as possibly disabling the auto headlights.
Curious if I could just jump the relay for the drls to bypass them? The headlights coming on automatically isn't a big issue for me.

Before I had the HIDs, about 75% of the time whenever my drl would illuminate, the low beams would as well due to the high 4 mod I installed based on a post on this forum. I never did figure out why the low beams would stay off randomly.

If you haven't tried putting the relay in between your HI's, I will probably do so this weekend.
Will post my end results.
I ain’t fucked with it much yet, once I dug into it more I found an old remote start system and now I have to fix that cobbled mess of spliced wires and electrical tape lol Soon tho. I am doing an ls4/4t80 swap also so I’ve been contemplating just swapping in an 04/05 harness at the same time since I’ve got to hack together a harness no matter what. It seems like it would be easy to put a relay in for high beams and trigger it with the high beam switch, just haven’t even looked at the wiring schematic yet either. I honestly thought this kit might be easy to track down but I guess not.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Just gunna lurk in here to see what you guys come up with...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts