Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took out my intake box out because i was curious to see the condition of it with 35k miles.

What do you guys think? Does it need cleaning

1. 2016 impala V6

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It looks somewhat dirty - I would use spray throttle body cleaner (with the engine off and rags / paper towels under the bore opening) to clean it. Do not move the butterfly valve with your finger or a tool. Gunk builds-up on the edge of the valve, and in a circle around it on the bore. It can restrict airflow at idle, causing a rough idle.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
^+1. It's best/easiest/safest to just remove it and give it a thorough front/back cleaning. I like the CRC tb spray in the red can. Available at parts stores and/or Wallyworld.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello, just saw this thread. Just seeinh if you guys may have some advice. I have a 2014 Impala 9th gen ltz 58k. If i take the throttle body all tbe way out and disconnect will it throw codes etc when i plug it back in? How do you clean throttle body without moving plate? Or is it ok to move?

Thank you for any and all help...very much appreciated

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Either remove it to clean or have a friend depress the accelerator pedal to open while you clean underhood. No codes should be triggered if r&r'd.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you so much for replying! The only way i see this possible is with the vehicle on. Is that how? Sorry of making it harder than it is...just worried lol. 1st newer car ever lol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
May have to have the key in the on/run position, engine off? Try it 1st with the key out. I personally wouldn't worry about torque values, just install with a 1/4" ratchet, extension and socket. I've even used a nutdriver and socket.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tried to just hit the start button once and only the radio and push brake to start comes on. I inserted the key for in the arm rest and same thing happens. Its wierd that no needles move or even turn on when i hit the accessories. Do you think there is a setting i have turned off?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts