Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here on this forum and have a simple question. Just like to get some opinons. I have a 63 Impala SS covertable that i have owned for almost 10 years.. The car is in rough shape and needs to be fully restored. It dosent look to bad for its age, but she has alot of body filler and will need some panels. I was thinking of trading or selling, to build a 63 hardtop. I would like to cut it up a little, but i couldnt do this to a SS vert' My friends say it would be crazy for me to get rid of this car for just a hardtop Impala. But i want a driver/ cruiser, not a trailerqueen / investment. What do you all think? I really dont have the funds to do a full on resto now, and probably wont for a long while...:frown:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
The question is "What do you want and need?" Yes by customizing this old car you may lose some or more of its original value. But is this car what you want? Will making this a daily driver make you happy for many years? Are you concerned about selling it latter? Many other people may not be interested in your car after you customize it to your taste. But if selling it is not in your plans then you might consider fixing this car up to your particular wants and needs. I have seen many cars that were customize very nicely as daily drivers and still looked great and were worth more than a orginal mint condition one. Only you can answer your question.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True,, Here is my plans. Air bags- just for ride height, Possibly Mini tubs for wider rear tires, Carbed 6.0/ 6spd, possible blow thru turbo set up.. Just a basic idea, i dont think i want to cut up on a 63 SS, I think i would be happier and able to enjoy a 63 2 door hardtop. If i were to keep the vert' i would have to just do a Factory Resto.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Nice choice on power selection, sound like you would have a lot of fun with it. Sometines it helps to not be an extreme hurry to get "this particular" car and enjoy looking for the one that will suite your taste in getting it ready as the car for you. You can find a great deal on a car that body wise needs very little work, you won't have to worry about the engine and tranny sence you will be changing them anyway. Who knows you may look and find one that the owner would like to trade for the convertable with you. Hope you have a lot of fun making your personal car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I thought that would be a killer combo.. I was thinking of a BBC, but i want somhing to cruise and not kill my wallet for fuel.. Ive got the 6 liter and tranny, just neet a car... Would be interested in trading if somebody had what i was looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts