Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, I have the 07 w the 3.5 V6. Im looking to possibly upgrading the transmission. I was wondering if anyone has done or had it done. PLEASE, PLEASE, any info will help!! Thanks to all!!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Like the title says, I have the 07 w the 3.5 V6. Im looking to possibly upgrading the transmission. I was wondering if anyone has done or had it done. PLEASE, PLEASE, any info will help!! Thanks to all!!

What is your goal - what do you hope to accomplish by upgrading (modifying) the transmission?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Yes. Seems to have made the shift points more erratic.

First, check for any stored trouble codes.

If none related to the transmission or engine, you can disconnect the negative battery cable for abut one minute - then reconnect.

This will put the transmission back into the default shifting mode, then it will re learn or adapt to your driving over a several hundred miles of stop and go traffic (not one, 200-mile expressway trip).

This may help the erratic shifting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once again. Thank you!! Im going to try that in the morning b4 I start the day. Plus, Ive just moved to seattle area. So itll have a chance to relearn with different stop/go situations. Have you upgraded a 3.5 motor? Ive just put a cold air intake on, and ive had the muffler/resonator delete. Other then that, i cant really find much in the way of performance. When ppl ask what i want out of it. Shes my daily driver that Id like to be able to have a little fun if i wanted to. 😎😎 Nothing to serious. I could never afford it.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Once again. Thank you!! Im going to try that in the morning b4 I start the day. Plus, Ive just moved to seattle area. So itll have a chance to relearn with different stop/go situations. Have you upgraded a 3.5 motor? Ive just put a cold air intake on, and ive had the muffler/resonator delete. Other then that, i cant really find much in the way of performance. When ppl ask what i want out of it. Shes my daily driver that Id like to be able to have a little fun if i wanted to. 😎😎 Nothing to serious. I could never afford it.

I’ve purchased new 2008, 2011, and 2012 Impala LTZ models, and then a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ (new model - still own). I have never modified them.

My first car was a 1965 Chevrolet Malibu, followed by a 1969 Camaro SS/RS convertible - Pace Car replica. My next vehicle was a 1965 Corvette convertible, followed by a 1973 Corvette coupe - followed by numerous new GM vehicles.

I have never modified or “souped-up” any of my vehicles - pure stock. I also only use OEM parts I have also owned Dodge vans, cars and an SUV - and now own a Ford Expedition Limited.

I’m probably one of the few people who have owned a bunch of cars and never modified them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts