Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am about to buy my first car but I am not sure what I want but I am looking for something fast and reliable. How much more are the "SS" versions of the Impala?Would other cars can I suggest?

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
94-96 caprice (LT-1) and the SS impala are the same car, no matter what people tell you different. The engine and trans are the same. The differences come in whether it is police version (more oil coolers,green silicone lifetime hoses,extra body mounts and diff computer programming) civilian version (typically had a mechanical fan/tow package that took away a good amount of horse power but help cooling) and the ss with just a diff interior and some minor stuff like diff axle lengths,wheels,tires,badging,grill and molding.

either way the LT-1 powered cars are reliable and take a beating. I would not however recommend this car for any teen, too easy to get yourself in trouble in a car this big with this amount of power at REAR wheels. But if you must, then its pretty safe and the parts are readily available as well as not too bad on your wallet.

·
Registered
119 Posts
94-96 caprice (LT-1) and the SS impala are the same car, no matter what people tell you different. The engine and trans are the same. The differences come in whether it is police version (more oil coolers,green silicone lifetime hoses,extra body mounts and diff computer programming) civilian version (typically had a mechanical fan/tow package that took away a good amount of horse power but help cooling) and the ss with just a diff interior and some minor stuff like diff axle lengths,wheels,tires,badging,grill and molding.

either way the LT-1 powered cars are reliable and take a beating. I would not however recommend this car for any teen, too easy to get yourself in trouble in a car this big with this amount of power at REAR wheels. But if you must, then its pretty safe and the parts are readily available as well as not too bad on your wallet.

Right on. While it is a fast car and rear wheel drive is a bit dangerous(fun and games, and depending where you live...SNOW) it is also a large car and odds are most light fender benders very little damage would be done to the boat...the other car wouldn't be so lucky.

Tough call.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts