Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth buying a 95 impala with 170k miles on it??

·
Registered
288 Posts
Depends on the price. The drive train is very capable of going well over 170k with proper maintenance. The suspension may need to be freshened up if not addressed recently and make sure the interior is ini good shape. If so, enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i agree with maesstro... i replaced my broken 180k cluster with a new one (0 miles) aprox 80k miles ago... when people ride in (or drive) my car (including a few mechanics) when they see 80k on my odometor, many of them say "your car sure runs and drives sweet for having 80k miles on it"!!.. :smile:

heck, when you do the math my LT1 accually has 260,000 miles and runs like the day it was new!! :eek:ccasion17: (my 1st post) :eek:ccasion17:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll agree that the price has to be right. I got my 95 a few years ago while I was still in college - 7k. Granted... she's been in a few wrecks sense then (partially my fault for allowing someone else to drive my car :( ) but she still runs good. I did a rebuild when the engine overheated because the bakelite POS part that sits between the cabin heater core and the engine blew water all over my heads.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Don't blame a broken part, you most likely kept driving it after it broke, otherwise it wouldn't have ruined the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts