Impala Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taking a bit of a poll...
I don't post much, but I read regularly.

I've got an '08 gold mist LS. I just rolled over 72,000 miles last night on my way home from work, and I've been trying to figure out what to do with this thing the past few weeks. Thinking it might be time to get rid of it. In the past 6 months, it's had:

steering rack replaced.
Harmonic balancer replaced.
brake pads and rotors replaced.
Some transmission issue repaired.
It's got rust all along the inside bottom edges of the doors.

All of the repairs were under warranty, and the rust I can either ignore, or have it sanded off and resealed for $50 per door at the body shop.

All of these issues on a car with this mileage have me concerned. I'm thinking very seriously about trading it in and buying a Volt. The only things holding me back are 1- I do like the Impala. Yeah, its base as hell, but its a comfortable drive on my commute, and its gold mist. You can't get much more of an invisible car than a gold Impala. 2- I would have a payment on the Volt for the next 3 years. I like not having a car payment.

I know the mileage isn't awful on my car, but I just worry that its at the point of needing stuff replaced regularly. I'm not one to keep a car and drive it til the wheels fall off. I like to get something new every few years, but with all the faults, I really think I might miss this Impala.

So I'm stuck with trying to figure out what to do. Of course, trade value on an '08 Impala LS with 72k miles is about $2.50 so thats incentive to keep it, too. It looks and runs too good to just give it away.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts