Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am glad be member this forum-looks as though GM reps respond at times. I love the older model Chevys, which gave little trouble: 68, 71 Camaros. I presently have a 2000 Impala, 3.4L engine, 166K miles, have had 4 years, all looks, but short on electrical/electronic reliability. I am second owner-1st owner signed title and evidently is in hiding somewhere in Asia. Couple wks after purchase air bag light comes on. Big 650 bucks to work on-stll gives problem. Previous owner had Chevy dealership in NC to do all work, including a new BCM. Now when turning curve, flasher buzzes, turn signals quit working, Emergency brake light comes on-all this stuff intermittently. Quit driving it since turn signals fail to work-and sometimes do work, when driving straight. Cleaned ignition switch contacts carefully with dremel too. Now clock lights and "transmission position indicator lamp" stay on constantly, thus draining the battery. Have issues with local dealership, spent 3500 on car, have probably 8000 in it now, dont want to spend a bunch more. Any advice (serious)? I am newly retired and am tired of pumping money into this 'un. camkarl:bang:

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Welcome Cam! :beer: I too have a 2000 Base Impala. My interior lights will come on and off while driving, the alarm bell sounds off, and the doors lock and unlock. Personally, I think I need a priest! :lol: Mine is intermittant too, and is the BCM. Now, the signals....when they stop working, hit the emergency flashers on and off. This will get them working again. the switch is bad, and makes the signals stop. It is cheap to fix.....
I'm sure you will get much more help ina bit here as well.....

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Welcome, and holy cow, sounds like a nightmare....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Tony is right about the turn signals, but your other problems sound like you may have made the ignition switch much worse with the dremel. New hazard switch and ignition switch and I'll bet you'll be ok. Less than $200 if you do it yourself, easy job with basic tools, check the DIY section for my write-up on how to do it, you'll pass the hazard switch in the process so you can do it too.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Welcome

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts
Hmmm....pulled up an old thread from 2012..... :dunno:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Holy mother of thread resurrection...

Reactions: tonyc712000

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No better way to make your intro than on someone else's intro from 6 months ago eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts