Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds similar to another recent thread I know, but this is different. Some of you may recall my dealings with a 2002 3.4 base impala, I replaced the FPR several times and kept having the same issue. Well, I've checked out all the sensors, everything tests fine. Fuel pump checks out with voltage and pressure. The car will run fine for awhile, sometimes a couple days, sometimes a couple hours, then it quits and won't start. Cranks fine, may or may not fire up. If it does fire up, it acts starved for fuel and craps out. Temp has no effect. It's acting like it's got vapor lock, but I don't know how that's possible. Boss has already approved taking it to the dealer for diagnosis, I'm at a complete loss other than some phantom problem with the fuel pump that I don't have the tools to diagnose, or an intermittent PCM issue.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Finally got it to the dealer yesterday, didn't want to pay for ANOTHER tow so the boss got a friend with a car trailer. They say its the ignition control module, I guess that kinda makes sense... Anyway, gonna get the car back here and swap it out, dealer wants $625 to replace it, I'm gonna do it for $116 plus my labor, which ain't much. We'll see how it works out.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the module replaced, car starts and runs again. I guess time will tell now if that REALLY fixed it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts