Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched your forums here and didn't find an answer...

I have had teh Intermediate Steering Shaft problem for the past 80,000 miles...

Got it lubed 3 different times under warranty, then I finally shamed them into replacing it. When I got the car back the steering wheel was off center by about 8 degrees. How is this possible? Doesn't the shaft bolt into one position only?

Is it possible they pulled the shaft apart and got it back together with the splines off by 1 or 2?

They refused to fix it, they said it was off when it came in and I know damn well it wasn't. Crooked steering wheels drive me nuts and I would have noticed, this ain't my first rodeo...

I am done with them idiots so I have to fix this myself. I read the instructions somebody posted for replacing the shaft, and I don't see how it could be clocked wrong... Maybe I should pull the steering wheel and just put it on straight?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post # 3 does nothing for me, I have to fix this myself... Allow me to re-phrase my question:

I got my intermediate Steering Shaft replaced by the dealer. When I got the car back the steering wheel was off center by about 8 degrees. How is this possible? Doesn't the shaft bolt into one position only?

Is it possible they pulled the shaft apart and got it back together with the splines off by 1 or 2? Is it even a splined shaft, or possibly square?

I read the instructions somebody posted for replacing the shaft, and I don't see how it could be clocked wrong...

Your thoughts?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts