Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I own a 2017 Impala 2LT. This afternoon I was replacing some of the interior lights with leds. While replacing the center console light, there was a little smoke. And the light stopped working. Now the center console light, interior (overhead) leds and sun visor lights do not come on. Does anybody know what fuse they belong to so I can replace it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Hello all, I own a 2017 Impala 2LT. This afternoon I was replacing some of the interior lights with leds. While replacing the center console light, there was a little smoke. And the light stopped working. Now the center console light, interior (overhead) leds and sun visor lights do not come on. Does anybody know what fuse they belong to so I can replace it?
Fuses don't usually smoke, so I wonder if something else got fried before the fuse let go. But I hope not.

Anyway, look in the owner's manual regarding where the fuse may be. I don't know the 2017 model, but generally, these cars have 1 or 2 fuse boxes under the hood, 1 or 2 in the passenger compartment, and 1 in the trunk. In your case, the fuse will be in a passenger compartment box. The manual will also indicate where the fuse is in the box. There is marking in/on the fuse box as well which shows the fuse locations and ratings.

Good luck.

Doug

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuses don't usually smoke, so I wonder if something else got fried before the fuse let go. But I hope not.

Anyway, look in the owner's manual regarding where the fuse may be. I don't know the 2017 model, but generally, these cars have 1 or 2 fuse boxes under the hood, 1 or 2 in the passenger compartment, and 1 in the trunk. In your case, the fuse will be in a passenger compartment box. The manual will also indicate where the fuse is in the box. There is marking in/on the fuse box as well which shows the fuse locations and ratings.

Good luck.

Doug

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the response, after pulling a crap ton of fuses, that circuit is labeled BATTERY ADV or Fuse #69 . I never would have figured that out. The circuit didn't like when the pliers touched the socket.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
For the future - get yourself a little fuse tester - they are inexpensive and make it very easy to test fuses without having to pull them. Very handy to have around for situations like this.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the future - get yourself a little fuse tester - they are inexpensive and make it very easy to test fuses without having to pull them. Very handy to have around for situations like this.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

I will definitely purchase one. The funny thing is, when I pulled the fuse for that circuit, it wasn't blown or anything. I took it out and put it back in and all the lights came back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts