Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
few days late, but i finally replied to your PM ;)

Intense is a great company as far as customer service goes, I said in the PM I have had 0 Issues w/ them , but just remembered, i ordered valve seals a few years ago, I was short one, they mailed it out to as soon as I called them ;)

I try to get MOST of my stuff thru them, whenever possible..

·
Registered
103 Posts
not bad for a hundoe...any body have 1 in an 8th gen impala???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well guys I think I am gonna take the plunge and order it today. Worst case scenario it sux and Im out 100 bux..best case scenario I save 200 bux on the K&N.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
not bad for a hundoe...any body have 1 in an 8th gen impala???
they have one for the 8th gen as well, but you should be able to use the 7th gen if not... measure the OD on your TB, and I'll tell you if it works or not ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
worst case scenario you're out $60, the filter runs about $40 and you can always use it later ;)
Good call Detroit..yet again ur insight is helpful! So 60 bux aint bad. Plus I know that someone has tested this and gotten it to work so id rather do this than make my own or spend 300 on K&N.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so appArently I have to bend the fender brace. How do I do this any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: Well..after trying to figure this thing out I would not recommend it. The instructions are nowhere near as good as K&N and all of the pictures on the instructions are from cars that don't even have the LS4. It gives you ZERO instruction on removing stock airbox and just tosses in "bend the fender brace" without any instruction.I emailed for help and was told to remove a bolt and push the brace...yeah did that and its metal so it definitely wasn't pushing. I looked at their site and theres a 20% restocking fee, plus I figure to pay for shipping. So i just said forget it and kept it, used the filter(40 bux anyways) and made my own setup.

I'm sure the Intense team is great as Detroit says but on this LS4 intake it just seems like they dropped the ball. Better instructions and perhaps showing them on their website prior to purchase would help.

In the end, in my opinion, for this car, get the K&N or CAI kit or just make your own.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
sorry wish i had known about the instructions, or lack there of, not sure on the fneder brace for the 06+ cars, buton the 05+prior, its easily bent, I havent looked at the 06 cars...If you didnt get the airbox out/ brace bent PM me, and I'll see if i can help you out a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I didn't even know if the thing I was pushing was the brace..really terrible instructions. The thing didn't even include a list of tools you'll need or anything. It really just pales in comparison to other kits. I don't know how you market a product with easy instructions and then have instructions that really deal with cars from 97-03...there was 0 pictures of a 06+ W-Body LS4. I'm just going to stick with my setup, it works.

I appreciate the offer of assistance Detroit! I think if it were one of the other applications that they specialize in(It seems like the G8 and the 3.8 motors)it would probably be a really well done kit. Looks like I'm only out that 60 dollars.

For the record, the LS4 sounds NICE with the K&N filter!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts