Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have a 2012 impala and I'm looking to get some intake just to improve sound and performance nothing to dramatic, where can I find places that offer good intake for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have been more clear, I'm not exactly looking for "cheap" I just want something good

·
Registered
157 Posts
I haven't tried K&N first hand, but there are some threads on this board that warn about them. Supposedly they don't do as good a job filtering small particulates. So it is a trade off where you get more horsepower, but your engine gets dirty faster. If your car is not much of a daily driver and your car is more of a show vehicle, then it may be worth it. It is kind of like the trade offs of larger rims/wheels. The drive quality takes a hit and they are more likely to get costly damage by a pothole, but many think they look cool and feel it is worth it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could be the filter that they use I know the drop-in filters work well but the downside is, you have to oil them every 15k. Maybe they didn't oil them or do cone filters work differently?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Fwiw, cars come from the factory with cai's which flow more air than needed or can be used. No add'l hp and oiling which can foul the maf sensor are big turn-offs for me. For a li'l more noise, price ain't worth it for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts