Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A weird thing happened with my impala today, the "MPH" led has begun to flicker. have any of y'all experienced this or any other leds dying?

'13 lt 3.6lfx 116xxx miles

·
Registered
688 Posts
My MPH light flickers... Has done it since day 1 when I bought it. Haven't had the nerve to take the cluster apart to attempt a fix. @TeeRev did an LED swap to his cluster and did a nice write up with pics... Kinda gave me a little hope.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I didn't have an LED die, but one of the incandescent bulbs that light up the rest of the cluster. It bugs me that GM used LEDs for everything else, so why not the numbers and needles?

The MPH is lit up via LEDs already, one single SMD. Maybe the solders are just starting to age and crack? I've seen that happen before.

Here's the write-up for anyone interested. http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-8th-gen-discussion/1698098-instrument-cluster-2.html

Kinda gave me a little hope.
Hahaha well I'm glad. It's not THAT difficult. I'm on about the same level when it comes to electric work as a well-trained monkey. So if I can get it done, you can too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts