Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help. I'm trying to install a amp and subwoofer to my 2000 impala with factory head unit. Am I wasting my money or should I get something after market. The only thing I'm afraid of is I'll need that piece I keep hearing so much about and every place i take it to keeps saying they won't know if I need it until they take out my unit. Anyway I need some advice. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I need some help. I'm trying to install a amp and subwoofer to my 2000 impala with factory head unit. Am I wasting my money or should I get something after market. The only thing I'm afraid of is I'll need that piece I keep hearing so much about and every place i take it to keeps saying they won't know if I need it until they take out my unit. Anyway I need some advice. Thanks. :)
If you're going to use your stock radio you're going to need that "piece" aka a line converter. Front & rear speaker wires in, and RCA outputs out so you can connect to an amp. I did this for a while and it still hits pretty good.

·
Registered
657 Posts
i use a line converter with my stock unit. i just tapped into the 6x9s and ran the rcas from the converter to the amp. sounds fine. and yeah, you will need it becuase we dont have rca outputs on the back of our stock radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts