Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1970 Impala and it doesnt have any speakers or radio. I got an old Pioneer I wanna throw in it. I heard that in order to hook up I gotta splice the Pioneer wires into the wires on the steering column. Is this right? I dont wanna mess up my car by doing this. I have installed cd players in newer cars with no problem, Just not sure on this. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got a 1970 Impala and it doesnt have any speakers or radio. I got an old Pioneer I wanna throw in it. I heard that in order to hook up I gotta splice the Pioneer wires into the wires on the steering column. Is this right? I dont wanna mess up my car by doing this. I have installed cd players in newer cars with no problem, Just not sure on this. Thanks for the help in advance.
No you do not have to splice into the column I would run wires to the fuse box you have ING and BAT hook ups for female type plugs like speaker plugs that is what I did on my 71

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Just run from the fuse block, select an Ingnitino On only for the radio power. And select an always on for the radio memory power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts