Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else has installed amps in a 2000-2004 impala? Where did you run the power cable through the firewall?

·
Registered
23 Posts
you may want to run it under the car. If you take out your spare tire and everything out you will see 2 rubber plugs. you can just run the wire through that under the car along the gas lines and then up into the engine bay. This is what i did and it is a lot easier oh yeah and there is enough room beside the spare tire so you can replace it with no problem

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
best answer ive heard so far where were u when all these wrong wheel drive guys were askin a week ago

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats not a bad idea, alot easier than drilling and removing half of the interior.

Wrong wheel drive guys?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Wrong wheel drive guys?
Any Impala that has Front-Wheel-Drive we call WImpalas, Wrong-wheel-drive Impala.

Just our fun with them. Most of us love the RWD that our cars are.

Its the fun of RWD verses FWD.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I can see how RWD is more fun. But the 04's were only made FWD so thats what im stuck with :biggrin:

G

·
0 Posts
i ran mine through the hole in the firewall and under the plastic panel on the floor all the way to the trunk
on the passenger side under the glove box, where the floor starts to go up. pull the carpet and you'll see the grommet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
do you just have to push the power cable under the little lip the whole length of the car? not removing the panels? or do you need to remove them like in most cars

·
Registered
4 Posts
wiring

I ran mine on the drivers side in the grommet that's right behind the carpet near the brake. It's just a little circular grommet. I'd suggest using a hanger and then tying the ring on it and pulling it through. It was really simple! :) If you lived closer, I'd do it for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts