Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple before pics

HIDs installed. 55w 8000k low beams and 35w 6000k fogs :hello2:

I put switchback LEDs in, but took them out because they weren't working for me. They'd light up like in the picture, but would not flash amber with turn signal like they're supposed to. Any suggestions before I return them? :dunno:

Reactions: TxImpala89

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
You will be getting quite a few hi beams I suspect. Those look really bright.....and blue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i suggest you get projectors so you dont blind the hell out of other people on the road.
I'm not a big fan of the halos (at least on the Impala) and haven't seen a non-halo projector housing that is worth buying AND fits into my budget

You will be getting quite a few hi beams I suspect. Those look really bright.....and blue.
I was driving around earlier and actually didn't get any flashes. The light doesn't scatter near as much as I was expecting it to. And as far as the blue, it's a little deeper than I was expecting, but it's not soooo blue to the point I don't like it.

I'm completely fine with being somewhat of a jackass on the road, and I think the color and non-projector housing adds to that nicely :yahoo:

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
ahhh you beat me to it :yikes: :lol: looks nice! it's exactly what i'm doing except i got 8k for both, question, i got the 35W for the headlights, do you recommend getting the 55W? pics from inside looking out? my bad for the essay!

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
would the the 55W make the bulb too hot for the headlight housing? or any risk of frying the fuses? or melting of the headlight?

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
As many people i see here with hids in the halogen housing it doesnt blind me one bit or bother me. I guess if you have a big stick up your ass and are looking in the opposite lane it would bug you. As long as i have had mine in my regular housing no one has ever flashed me.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
i think it just looks plain old shitty,half assed, and cheap if you dont do it the right way.

i dont flash people because they are prob a jackass like this guy and get all happy when someone flashes them.

But if i cant see and it blinds me to the point where i get a little scared from the spots im seeing
i have been known to follow said person and break there headlights.

If the correct headlights dont fit in your budget then dont get hids until you can buy everything

but whatever floats you boat i guess its a free country im just sick of being blinded by people i do have light blue eyes that are more sensitive than most but still

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahhh you beat me to it :yikes: :lol: looks nice! it's exactly what i'm doing except i got 8k for both, question, i got the 35W for the headlights, do you recommend getting the 55W? pics from inside looking out? my bad for the essay!
would the the 55W make the bulb too hot for the headlight housing? or any risk of frying the fuses? or melting of the headlight?
I think 35w vs 55w is personal preference. 55w is a hell of a lot brighter than 35w, though. I can get out and snap some pictures from the inside tomorrow night. From driving earlier, it's almost like the sun was turned on in front of my car. There was just an absurd amount of light. As far as 55w being too hot, I'm not too sure. I don't think it'd be so hot as to melt the housing or cause damage, but I did notice the housing directly around my low beam slightly warm. If you're worried about blowing any fuses, get a relay harness. It pulls power directly from the battery to power the lights and has its own built-in fuse. I put one on the 55w, but not the 35w.

As many people i see here with hids in the halogen housing it doesnt blind me one bit or bother me. I guess if you have a big stick up your ass and are looking in the opposite lane it would bug you. As long as i have had mine in my regular housing no one has ever flashed me.
I see a ton of people with HIDs in halogen housings and it doesn't really bother me either. The only time it seems to be extra bright is when it's an older car or truck.

i think it just looks plain old shitty,half assed, and cheap if you dont do it the right way.

i dont flash people because they are prob a jackass like this guy and get all happy when someone flashes them.

But if i cant see and it blinds me to the point where i get a little scared from the spots im seeing
i have been known to follow said person and break there headlights.

If the correct headlights dont fit in your budget then dont get hids until you can buy everything

but whatever floats you boat i guess its a free country im just sick of being blinded by people i do have light blue eyes that are more sensitive than most but still
For some cars, I agree with the shitty look. I think the impalas pull it off pretty nicely, though. A quick tip: when someone in the opposite lane has lights too bright, look down to the white line until they pass. I can't imagine that being any longer than a couple seconds. :eek:k3:
Also, I've never had any car flash at me, nor can I say it'd make me happy. I have had HIDs before too (in stock projector bulbs)

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Maybe you actually point yours down then or something cause the people around here there is no looking anywhere with them esspecially when they are behind you shining right in the damn mirror

lol im taking all my hid madness out on you man my bad

impala looks sweet enjoy your hids:eek:k3::beer:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks EJ! If you ever see a descent housing with projector bulbs and no halos, point it in my direction and maybe I'll give my HIDs the look thy're supposed to have :beer:

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
I think 35w vs 55w is personal preference. 55w is a hell of a lot brighter than 35w, though. I can get out and snap some pictures from the inside tomorrow night. From driving earlier, it's almost like the sun was turned on in front of my car. There was just an absurd amount of light. As far as 55w being too hot, I'm not too sure. I don't think it'd be so hot as to melt the housing or cause damage, but I did notice the housing directly around my low beam slightly warm. If you're worried about blowing any fuses, get a relay harness. It pulls power directly from the battery to power the lights and has its own built-in fuse. I put one on the 55w, but not the 35w.
yeah, i really like how the 8k look but i think i'm going to order the 55w for the headlights, those pics would be nice :eek:k3:

i did get the harness, so hopefully it's as easy as switching out the ballast

Maybe you actually point yours down then or something cause the people around here there is no looking anywhere with

lol im taking all my hid madness out on you man my bad

impala looks sweet enjoy your hids:eek:k3::beer:
lol if they had some variety in projectors then i would get them but i don't like any of them, and yes as long as their pointed too high, they shouldn't bother anyone

·
Banned
748 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the halos (at least on the Impala) and haven't seen a non-halo projector housing that is worth buying AND fits into my budget
LOL halo hater!!

So how come blinding someone you are ok with ? what if you blind someone and cause of that they crash and die.. how would you feel knowing what you have done ?

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
LOL halo hater!!

So how come blinding someone you are ok with ? what if you blind someone and cause of that they crash and die.. how would you feel knowing what you have done ?
the whole "blinding" thing is over exaggerated IMO, now with trucks/suv's that's a whole other story with hid's because they are sitting a little higher than car so you get the light directly at eye level, never had a problem with hid's on my neon and no problems so far with them on my impala

·
Banned
748 Posts
the whole "blinding" thing is over exaggerated IMO, now with trucks/suv's that's a whole other story with hid's because they are sitting a little higher than car so you get the light directly at eye level, never had a problem with hid's on my neon and no problems so far with them on my impala
LoL you had hid on a neon wow. that car deserves nothing but a junk yard.. i should not say that but my neon;s engine seals gave up on me kinda lame it was ok otherwise just looked dorky and was not safe to drive cause its the car with worst safety rating.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts