Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Impala LS and it doesn't have the overhead console display in it. I have found one and would like to install it. I took out the dummy and notice that I do not have any other wiring other than what goes to the rear view mirror. My question is #1 can I install the wiring and get everything correct using a diagram or #2 would I be better off to go to GM and have them do it or #3 just leave it alone? Thanks for all replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you've already bought the unit, you'll need to buy a harness from www.bbengineer.com It'll be a DIC harness..it'll plug in at the passenger side c pillar...you'll also need to buy the external temp sensor and that will plug in behind the grille just to the right hand side. Probably easy access to remove the passenger headlamp housing. Then you'll need a template to cut the headliner and also the bracket that holds it all in place. The DIC harness is $75.00....the whole kit that includes bracket, harness, dic, and temp sensor is I believe, $175 from bbengineer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. I will check out the site.Also I will look on the rh side pillar and see what may be there. I only looked for wiring right by the hole for the info center.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts