Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
standard feature? If a Cosco Pronto Belt-Positioning Booster Seat is used for a young child, does the booster itself need to be secured to the seat of the car or just strapped in when the child uses the shoulder belt? If it needs to be secured to the seat, how?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Seat belts did not become standard equipment until 1964 when they were mandated by the federal government. Prior to the 1964 model year they were optional equipment. What year impala are you talking about ? Maybe the belts fell down behind the seats or someone tucked them away down there or removed them... If it's a 1964 or newer Impala the car came with seat belts I can guarantee you that it did!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw this thread while doing a search online to figure out if my car has the latch system or not as well.

Stephen, apparantly you dont know what you are talking about.. Sue asked about the LATCH system, not about the seat belts themselves! The LATCH system is a set of special anchors and latches that all newer cars have for infant and child seats!

I was "told" that all cars made after 2000 have the system.. however it was optional in cars prior to that. Im not sure if my car has it or not.. its a 2000 impala, but was made in Canada of Sept 99.. I dont know if that makes a difference or not.

I can find the anchors at the top for the booster seats.. but I cant seem to find the anchors that should be in the crack between the cushions of the seat and the backrest.. I dont know if they are just not there, or if maybe they fell down and I need to "dig deeper"?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe that the 'LATCH' is a metal hook thing built right into the seat back. In the newer trucks it's mounted on the back wall as opposed to the seat itself i think, but i imagine it would be mounted to the back of the seats themselves. I believe that there's a plastic covering that needs to be removed to use it as well...hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts