Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out last night that Impala's are not meant to off road... lol. On accident I hit a tree log that was laying in my boyfriends drive way, it was dark and there were a few to many vehicles in the drive way and I went to leave and I avoided a car but I hit a HUGE log, well pretty much ran it over. I can be lucky that I have no damage done to my car except for a minor stratch on the back bumper, but I am sure that I messed up my alignment for sure. So now it's to the shop on Tuesday to make sure that everything is okay with it. lol I hope that it is if not I am in big trouble!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
dont tell them why you are there. just say you need an alignment. if you tell them, im sure they will try to convince you that you messed up some suspension parts.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that's what I am thinking as well. I'll prolly just tell them that I hit a pot hole or something because they are still really bad around here. lol. But I am not going to tell them that I was stupid and hit a tree stump because I know they will try to tell me that I actually broke something that I really didn't.

·
Registered
657 Posts
LOL. i was expecting worse, but you are a brave man for taking the imp offroad, regardless. :biggrin:

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you probably did mess suspension parts up... sounds like a big hit
I am hoping that I didn't. I drove it again today and it seems to be okay, it just pulls more to the driver's side then what it did before. Only good thing about it is that the side that I hit the tree on was also the side that got hit by a pick up truck a year ago. Therefore if something is broken I am going to try to blame it on that and see where it gets me lol. But I am not to sure I have not had the time to take it to the shop yet, I have been working late and by the time I get off the shops are closed. But I'll try to keep everyone updated lol. But for future references Impala's are NOT made for off roading and trust me all my friends are making fun of me for it. Although I don't think it's all that funny lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts