Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i discussed in the other thread, i had 20s on my car that i ran for about 3 seasons with 245 35 20 tires on them..I recently blew out one of my tires after only having them on for about a week or so.. make a long story short I was told i may as well replace both tires so i just said screw it..I dont feel like dropping 280 for mount balance and labor

I decided to put my stock wheels back on but due to running them in the pittsburgh winters they have taken some damage.. I cleaned them up and dipped them flat black..Also painted my SS badges flat black...I had my ss badges painted body but i didnt really like it because they didnt really stand out from the rest of the car. I was going to outline them in black and clear coat them but i never got around to it. So i used adhesion promotor on them, sandable primer on them, about 3-4 coats of flat black krylon, then about 3-4 coats of perfect match clear coat..I think they came out pretty good..

Going forward i will update this thread with any further mods that i do to my car..I figured i would put everything in one place starting with day one until present..

Mods since purchase of vehicle--

8000 DDM Tuning HIDS fogs and lows
20 % Tint all the way around excluding windshield
VHT taillight and third brakelight
20 inch velocity rims with body painted inserts
plastidipped b pillers
plastidipped chrome on front grill
body painted dash
K&N CAI
Body painted engine cover
Body painted ss badges (now flat black)
body painted bowtie on front grill
debadged everything excluding SS badges and front bowtie
Plasti dip Stock SS wheels
2 rockford P2 subs
pioneer DD

Any suggestions with the pics please let me know.I want to plasti dip the rest of my window trim but i am kind of afraid of it not lasting long and the difficulty of masking and painting them on the car. I really dont like plastidipping crap on my car....Its kind of ghetto and i dont have a garage to work in and its very difficult with wind, ETC..

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
Looks good, but needs depos ASAP! :lol:

other's have dipped their window trim without too many problems, but vinyl might be a better choice for you. It would look really good blacked out

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, but needs depos ASAP! :lol:

other's have dipped their window trim without too many problems, but vinyl might be a better choice for you. It would look really good blacked out
I KNOW! I Do need them. The messed up part is when I got my.income tax I bought some off eBay and I waited for them and noticed the seller.refunded my money. I think I bought them for 160 shipped. So I emailed the seller.and asked why they refunded me and they said there was a manufacture recall?. So I ended up never placing another order. But ya they would look sick. I heard a lot of poeple complaining about the inside.of the assemblys getting moisture in them. Is that true?

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
It can happen. If you reseal them before you put them on, you shouldn't have any problems

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
I believe silicone sealant. Just add an extra layer, no need to open them up and actually reseal them.

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
No problem! Can't wait to see them on there. Will look SWEET!

Already does look SWEET! will just finish off the look so perfectly

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
Nice!

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
It looks good bro, keep up the good work! But I have to ask you what you used on your tail lights, because I LOVE the slightly tinted look that you and EJ have for the tail lights.

I'd try and spray them, but I usually have bad luck with trying to get them to come out like that. I may just try and hit up EJ and try his LED tails with the load balancers and see if that helps or not.

A slightly tinted set of tails is one of the few thing Papa SSmirf still needs to complete the look I'm going for.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks good bro, keep up the good work! But I have to ask you what you used on your tail lights, because I LOVE the slightly tinted look that you and EJ have for the tail lights.

I'd try and spray them, but I usually have bad luck with trying to get them to come out like that. I may just try and hit up EJ and try his LED tails with the load balancers and see if that helps or not.

A slightly tinted set of tails is one of the few thing Papa SSmirf still needs to complete the look I'm going for.
Thanks ..Lol bro they used to be dark as hell. I just cleaned them in dawn dish soap and put like 3 coats of vht on them. After a year of them baking.in the sun they faded tremendously.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
i like the darker tails more lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More pics of the window trim!
They are comming...gotta scrub it up and get to a nice spot for pics. Hopefully the next day or so ..but thanks for the info on how to take off the window trim. It made it a lot easier with painting.

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
i like the darker tails more lol
I'm torn. I think they both look awesome. I think I'm going with the lighter shade when I do mine to avoid getting pulled over as frequently.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts