Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 chevy impala, 3.4 v6. Would it sound good with a custom exaust? Do you think its worth the money? If so whats the best option to go with for this? Thanks all.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no sorry but i never heard a 4 or 6 cyl sound good.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think getting an exhaust for a 2000 Impala is great I recommend that you get flomaster exhaust and Borja exhaust tips then you can have sound and style then you could catch the attention that you want after accelerating . Good luck hope I helped

·
Registered
4 Posts
I work at my family own mechanics garage and we do custom exhausts. My father and I have put custom exhausts on 3.4, 3.1, 3.8 engines and they have all come out sounding awesome. In my opinion, a cat-back system with duals is the way to go. Either with dual mini sport mufflers or, one large sport muffler with one inlet and two outlet. Either way they sound great! Flowmaster is our muffler of choice and its what is on all of our personal vehicles.

I just bought a 2000 impala that im replacing the engine in and it will recieve the single sport muffler with two outlets for a dual at back system :)

So, i guess what i mean to say is.. GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
117 Posts
same here im looking for flowmasters on my impala. but dont know the difference between like offset in center out or 2.25 pipe or 3" pipe or whatever, whats the dual out do for you?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
IRRC its offset on both side ( i know its offset on atleast one) 2.25 you can check on Flow's site, they have a p/n for our cars, dual outlet will give you 2 exhaust tips, thats about it...
Also after about 2 yrs or so, the flowmasters start to sound a bit "loose"....

·
Registered
64 Posts
I went with new pipe from the downpipe back-new resonator and aftermarket cat-dual magnaflow muff's and borla tips.
Sounds almost ricey to me-we stayed stock size on the pipe and didn't bring it up any IIRC.

If I had to do it again,I would go with a boxed catback system from Borla or Corsa.

Sounds a little ricey from the inside of the car-I got a chance to drive behind it last week though and it didn't sound bad at all.

·
Registered
358 Posts
IMO the 3.8s sound bad ass with the right exhaust especially when you do it right (headers back) ;) !!

have any of you heard 04DetroitLS's exhaust vid it sounds f***ing sick!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts